Rep

David Lindon

Golden Master
A few months ago everyone was asking for it and complaining that I never change anything so I added it. Since then we have tried a number of things to combat the flaws in the system, but does everyone still want it or what?

I think we should keep it. I think the system works pretty well, not that many flaws. If only people would stop complaining when they get negative rep. I'm pretty sure that there are some people here who give positive rep just because they think someone is a nice guy. (I don't think that there is anything wrong with this). And then some people give negative rep to people they don't like. Yet I haven't seen a single guy complain about someone giving them positive rep without a good reason, but many many people are crying because they get 1 or 2 negative reps.

I would have to agree with mammikoura. If people wouldn't cry over neg rep then i think the system would be good, but with all the wining over neg rep it just seems to be creating more tension.

well put, exactly what I think as well...

the rep system works well... and people need to learn to take the rough with the smooth.

if you post something good, then expcet good rep...
if you post something bad then expect bad rep...

I said no because it turns out that people abused it. Also, I read about if they matured enough. Well, that ain't happening. In the world, there will always be someone stupid here.

i also think it should be disabled. there are people who go around giving people neg rep points for not good reason...they give them out just because they can.

joxley1990 said:
I think that only mods should be allowed to distro rep..
Sorry, not being funny, distro :confused: "distro"? = destroy or distribute, or what?, [typo I guess]

Back
Top Bottom