Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-23-2007, 09:54 AM   #11
Golden Master

Default Re: Read Receipts gone from PM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz379 View Post
no koxley isnt asking for anything to be reversed , you can get mods for the v bulletin systemwhereas they add a certain function on , over at my tech forums we have an arcade mod and it adds the function of an arcade

so joxley is asking if we can get one of thoose to add back the functionality of PM read recipts
Pardon me then, I just assumed that "reversing it" was the same as "add back the functionality"
I think that once the package is installed, two things can be done, leave it installed, in which case, nothing can be added or removed, or David could uninstall it, then read receipts could be put back in place, but, & it's a big but, we'd lose all the other new facilities that were there, I'm completely in your hands guys, I could be totally wrong, let me hear your opinions on this please, I just wish that David would step in & clarify this!!

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #12
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
Pardon me then, I just assumed that "reversing it" was the same as "add back the functionality"
I think that once the package is installed, two things can be done, leave it installed, in which case, nothing can be added or removed, or David could uninstall it, then read receipts could be put back in place, but, & it's a big but, we'd lose all the other new facilities that were there, I'm completely in your hands guys, I could be totally wrong, let me hear your opinions on this please, I just wish that David would step in & clarify this!!
nope if you adda a modifacation it runs the same software just ot has the added function the mod gives , for instance when you have windows xp then you add on sp2 same software just an add on patch that gives more function so that we still use the same v bulletin version but with an added patch to give PM read recipts

Old 05-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #13
Golden Master

Quote:
nope if you adda a modifacation it runs the same software just ot has the added function the mod gives , for instance when you have windows xp then you add on sp2 same software just an add on patch that gives more function so that we still use the same v bulletin version but with an added patch to give PM read recipts
Thank you for explaining that, I stand corrected, back to square one then.
Hey, why have you changed your avatar?, I liked the last one!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:34 PM   #14
Golden Master

Yeah, you can install modifications from www.vbulletin.org (or directly here) to any vBulletin forum and it won't affect the forum, just add new features. Not sure if the read receipt is a modification now or not.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #15
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le GoogelGuRu View Post
Yeah, you can install modifications from www.vbulletin.org (or directly here) to any vBulletin forum and it won't affect the forum, just add new features. Not sure if the read receipt is a modification now or not.
there may be a 3rd party plug in but they arent always perfect
Old 05-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #16
Golden Master

Quote:
there may be a 3rd party plug in but they arent always perfect
First you changed your avatar, now you haven't got one, can't you make up your mind, want some help choosing?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #17
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
First you changed your avatar, now you haven't got one, can't you make up your mind, want some help choosing?
huh , at first someone deleted my hamster so i decided on the linux penguin and now that has been deleted ,
Old 05-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #18
Golden Master

Quote:
huh , at first someone deleted my hamster so i decided on the linux penguin and now that has been deleted ,
Oh so you didn't do it, that's disturbing, I can go to modcp, & access the stock of standard avatars, was your hamster one of them?, if so I can put it back for you, if you like, let me know this evening, it's 9.16 pm now, I'll be online til just gone ten I expect, then I'm off to bed, get back to me.