Read Receipts gone from PM?

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Is it just me or are there no more Read Receipts for PMs? I didn't really pay attention to that after the VB upgrade seeing as how I like never used it, but now I had a PM that I needed to make sure was read and I couldn't find an option for a Read Receipt.

Is it just me or are there no more Read Receipts for PMs? I didn't really pay attention to that after the VB upgrade seeing as how I like never used it, but now I had a PM that I needed to make sure was read and I couldn't find an option for a Read Receipt.
Correct, there used to be, it must the recent re-hash by David, when we got all the new stuff, anyway, I never used it, I could never see the sense of it, probably it was dropped because it was little used, can I ask why you needed to make sure that it was read?, of course I don't want details such as who, just why, thanks.

I'm not really going to say much in the open, so i'll give you the info on why in a PM.

I use it. That's to tell if the user or idiot read it. It just depends on how you use it.

yep it has gone , sometimes it would be usefull to know a PM has been read and if it has time sensetive tings in it then it is important

It appears the option is no longer available in this version which is weird, I always found it a useful feature anyway

Can you not add in on? Like a mod.. or take if from the previous version or something.. meehh i dont know..

Can you not add in on? Like a mod.. or take if from the previous version or something.. meehh i dont know..
May I speak for David?, apparently he arranges an organisation to deliver a package that he decides would be good for CF, this update of the system was large, & involved many things that I think most members are pleased with, part of it, losing the read receipts would seem to be unpopular with some.
I can understand that, but I believe I'm right in saying that it can't be reversed, I could be wrong, if I am, no doubt David will say so, as I said, I hope you don't mind me stepping in, it is done with good intent.

May I speak for David?, apparently he arranges an organisation to deliver a package that he decides would be good for CF, this update of the system was large, & involved many things that I think most members are pleased with, part of it, losing the read receipts would seem to be unpopular with some.
I can understand that, but I believe I'm right in saying that it can't be reversed, I could be wrong, if I am, no doubt David will say so, as I said, I hope you don't mind me stepping in, it is done with good intent.
no koxley isnt asking for anything to be reversed , you can get mods for the v bulletin systemwhereas they add a certain function on , over at my tech forums we have an arcade mod and it adds the function of an arcade

so joxley is asking if we can get one of thoose to add back the functionality of PM read recipts

Back
Top Bottom