Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-14-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
Golden Master

Question Re-installing Hallmark Card Studio

I accidentally uninstalled Hallmark Card Studio, I meant to uninstall just the calendar/reminder.
I've looked in programmes, there is only "Sierra Utilities" but there is an uninstall facility on that, I looked in the Recycle bin but there were only the shortcut & utilities, I restored both, & of course tried them, utilities as above, & when I clicked on the tray icon, it searched but of course couldn't find anything
When I ran disc 1, as I did to install it originally, & clicked install, it came up; "Unable to install, MS DOS was not detected in your system", strange, because my system is the same as it's always been, & I've always had XP Home from the start, any ideas, I've had Hallmark for years, & must have made hundreds of cards for friends & relatives, please help if you can.

Thanks, Maurice

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:19 AM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: Re-installing Hallmark Card Studio

You posted this twice Maurice, might want to delete the other thread asap. Anyways, this may be stemmed to your registry. Windows sometimes neglects to remove a registry key that later on, interferes with the SOP of the installers. Try this (click whichever mirror is closest to you)
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2048

Opteronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:35 AM   #3
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteronix
You posted this twice Maurice, might want to delete the other thread asap. Anyways, this may be stemmed to your registry. Windows sometimes neglects to remove a registry key that later on, interferes with the SOP of the installers. Try this (click whichever mirror is closest to you)
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2048
Thanks, I will go to that site, but before I do, I don't recognise the term "mirror" in this context.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:54 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

A download "mirror" is just a server hosting a particular file. I guess it means that the file is a "mirror" of the original file, stored elsewhere.

Basically, just pick any "mirror" that's in the UK, and you'll be fine.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:51 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

you want to pick a mirror closest to you to get a faster download.
GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Dishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:56 PM   #6
BSOD

So, did it work Maurice? After running it, were you able to install the program?
Old 09-16-2005, 03:23 AM   #7
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteronix
So, did it work Maurice? After running it, were you able to install the program?
Thanks for asking, I'm glad that we're OK again, I think we understand each other better now?, one more thing to understand, I'm known on CF as hesitant, to put it mildly! the others will tell you. I will get round to having a go, if not, I have a guru who isn't too expensive, $15, & he'll put it right, cheaper than buying a new set of discs $25, it's not that I can't afford it, I can, but I've always been careful with money, too many memories of when I had to scrape together every cent!.

All the best, Maurice.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:43 AM   #8
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice
Thanks for asking, I'm glad that we're OK again, I think we understand each other better now?, one more thing to understand, I'm known on CF as hesitant, to put it mildly! the others will tell you. I will get round to having a go, if not, I have a guru who isn't too expensive, $15, & he'll put it right, cheaper than buying a new set of discs $25, it's not that I can't afford it, I can, but I've always been careful with money, too many memories of when I had to scrape together every cent!.

All the best, Maurice.
I see, well.. I hope the registry scrub does the trick. It keeps my PC running in PRIME condition.