Ranks

I'll only be a Senior Member :( lol...oh wait... I'm Mod :D...well...meant to be....

I think its fair though, but I think we've had this kind of thread before, and it didn't get anywhere...

no it didn't but in the last little bit there have bin a lot of ppl becoming gurus. do you still have your mod powers?

How about we have no ranks or post counts and make people focus on quality and not quanity.

I could go for what Starr said. Completely take away the "Posts: XXX" part on the left... and... the ranks...

yea

I can see the pros of removing the post counts, but I don't think they outweigh the cons. I think it's more important for new members to know that when they get advice from a guru, it's probably pretty damn good advice, ya know?

spank_fusion said:
I can see the pros of removing the post counts, but I don't think they outweigh the cons. I think it's more important for new members to know that when they get advice from a guru, it's probably pretty damn good advice, ya know?

being a guru has nothing to do with how valuable the information is.
It is solely the act of HOW many posts that you have made. It is totally possible to set in the social lounge all the time and only carry on generalized conversations concerning books that one has read and become a Guru.

To me it is nonsense because of that example...

Back
Top Bottom