Question about double posting

Dot Cong

In Runtime
I know some people get carried away with the double posts and it makes the forums cluttered and all that. But isn't there some way to make it so not all double posts are combined? Maybe I'm selfish or missing something but sometimes when a person starts a thread it will get some replies, then that person will reply, then maybe a day later the thread starter will try to give an update but if they were the last person to post it automatically combines posts and the thread stays where it was with no new post notification. When this happens is the original poster just supposed to start a new thread or what? Or is there a way to update or check a box or something that allows other users to know that the thread has been updated? Just curious, I'm a little confused by this.

Ooooh ok, thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know that. Everyone else can ignore this thread, I didn't know about the 24 hour thing, my mistake.

That is the downside to the automerge. Unfortunatly with our history, if we get rid of it, we'll have the double-post to raise post count people all over us again. Before the auto merge we were getting things like:

Post #1) LOL
Post #2) That's great
Post #3) haha

It looks like crap and was annoying. So unfortunatly a few bad-eggs spoiled it and made things harder on the rest of us.

I completely understand that. It drives me nuts too, but what I didn't understand was how to get an answer for a question if I couldn't update my own thread if I were the last poster. I've got my answer now though, so everythings A-OK.

i tried to update my laptop even after 24 hours. it doesnt automerge, but it doesnt get bumped to the top either. sucks :(

Worst case senario you could always PM someone and have them make the update for you.

i could have swore it didnt update. just bumped my laptop thread though and all is good :)

Back
Top Bottom