Premium Member Subscription

I think its a great idea...how about david comes up with a sure set cost...in USD and GBP...and then we take a poll of how many people would pay it or not...? And then we can see if they would want it.

Think of it this way. There are 12,000+ members. We have 50 (give or take) that come and post here daily. Now, out of all 12,000 who still come here and post. Who has more then 100 posts. And who would even be interested? I mean sure this forum it great and all, but the thing is, we just come here to help, and talk. I mean this isn't a company. I know hes trying to make money, but this sounds more like money in his pocket. Rather then a donatation for the site. Although, I dont know what you were trying to make this...

But still their arnt enough regulars for this to be effective.

But just an idea, who ever did do this, should get custom avatar, because they are obviously loyal to the site. And I dont think bandwidth is an issue...

I saw the same method used for another forum. There was a premium members section and such and they exclusive rights to certain things. Then one day it was gone. I think it sort of fell apart on them. People like free things, and thus do want to have to start paying especially when we've all at least been given a taste of using this site for free.

how bout this you make a donation and take a plain white Tshirt and slap a sticker on the back that says Computerforums.org

Hackslayer said:
how bout this you make a donation and take a plain white Tshirt and slap a sticker on the back that says Computerforums.org

Yeah, do that for like 10 bucks, and call it good.

and what happens when a paying member breaks the rules?

they get banned, and loose their money? how many people do you think would put up with that?

this is a not very thought out Idea heres your premium subscription make a donation and we get to keep computerforums running for another year!

What flaws specifically does everyone have with the plan?

Its like a donation, but yet you get benefits.. I thought it'd be nice.

root said:
and what happens when a paying member breaks the rules?

they get banned, and loose their money? how many people do you think would put up with that?

Do you really think a person who is paying money is going to break the rules?

That's the problem with this place. You guys over-react with ideas. What if this, what if that...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom