Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #41
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Permanent Banning

what did you get banned for?

Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #42

I dont remember brookfield banning me???

Dark Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #43
Golden Master

Originally Posted by Dudemcbob0876 View Post
I dont remember brookfield banning me???
And I'm sure I did.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #44
Site Team

On some occasions, there has been a user who has emailed me and asked to come back 1 year later and I have agreed in some circumstances so I guess everyone can change but its something that needs to be looked at each individual case
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:31 PM   #45
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Honestly, from the stand point of getting rid of mindless morons, I agree with perm bans.

But from experience with modding elsewhere, if you perma ban somebody, and they come back 4 or 5 months later, acting different and causing no problems, and somehow you find out it's them, I see no harm in letting them stick around.

But trying to come back a few days or few weeks later pretending your a better person who should be allowed back in... no. As far as i'm concerned, they aren't welcome for at least 3 months.

Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
Excuse me Seti for saying so, but that's a laugh, yes, it is a tough job, I should know, but the other day, there was quite an offensive post & I reported it around 8am, at 8pm it was still there, now I realise the time differential causes some lack of coverage, but twelve hours???, come on!, I fully realise that work, school, holidays & sickness must affect the sum total of those offline, but we have over a dozen mods & it must be very rare occurence when more than say four are absent all at the same time.
I'd like to add that this isn't a case of sour grapes on my part, [although certain members will insist it is]
Welcome to my world. I'm practically an insomniac. I can't tell you how many threads I've reported and haven't had dealt with until at least the next day.

Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
LOL you sure swear alot for someone of your age.
I doubt he swears much in real life.
One of my friend's grampas though, sheesh, that guy swore about as much as most teenagers. The dude was in his early 70s, and he had no problem dropping F-Bombs left and right.

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote