Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-19-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
BSOD
 
Steven11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,056
Default Peoples sigs

I think that some peoples sigs are innapropriate, lol like wombats do it in the dark what the life word is that to do with computers, well its not and this forum is supposed to be for all ages and i an the youngest person here and i am proud cus i am also one the more sensible people who are genrally harmless, I think sigs should contain either of:
1. Your rig,
2. A bit about yourself, No swearing or porn,
3. Your website,
4. You could have the site rules or comments you think are funny,

I also think.....

.... Ill tell you in another post..lol
__________________

Steven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:06 PM   #2
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,006
Default Re: Peoples sigs

thats all very well, as far as I know there is only one written rule for signatures...

5 lines or less,

you're breaking that one, and I always thought that common sense was assumed.
__________________

root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
Daemon Poster
 
jay8990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 838
Send a message via MSN to jay8990
Default Re: Peoples sigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by root
thats all very well, as far as I know there is only one written rule for signatures...

5 lines or less,

you're breaking that one, and I always thought that common sense was assumed.
lol!

i dont see anything wrong with wombats sig. as you said point no. 4 "comments you think are funny". do you not class wombats sig as a funny comment? i do!

__________________
--- Every man dies, not every man really lives ---
jay8990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
Fully Optimized
 
Dishdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,801
Default Re: Peoples sigs

It's funny, but still, it's an "all ages" site so is it inappropriate. i personally don't care, but i can see y other ppl would.
__________________
CPU-Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0Ghz / 2MB Cache ~~OS Windows XP SP2
MOBO-Gigabyte 8I915P Duo Pro Intel Socket 775 (PCI-E)~~HDD-Western Digital 160GB(SATA)
PSU-Aspire 500W ATX~~RAM-1GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (512x2 Dual Channel)
GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Dishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:11 PM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven11
I think that some peoples sigs are innapropriate, lol like wombats do it in the dark what the life word is that to do with computers, well its not and this forum is supposed to be for all ages and i an the youngest person here and i am proud cus i am also one the more sensible people who are genrally harmless, I think sigs should contain either of:
1. Your rig,
2. A bit about yourself, No swearing or porn,
3. Your website,
4. You could have the site rules or comments you think are funny,

I also think.....

.... Ill tell you in another post..lol
Wombats do it in the dark... they dig burrows underground.

By the way Steven11 as previously stated, you have 6 lines in your sig, according to the rules your only allowed five.

Quote:
Building:
Intel celeron D 2.8 Ghz
GeForce MX400 (PM If there good)
Asus P4PE Motherboard
80 Gb hard disk and 512Mb Ram
EXTREME GAMER


Edit: This reminds me of an old saying... Let him who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone.
__________________
Wombats do it in the dark.
Wombät is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:50 PM   #6
Fully Optimized
 
Dishdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,801
Default Re: Peoples sigs

I don't think he wanted to single you out, he did though. i think he ment in general.
__________________
CPU-Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0Ghz / 2MB Cache ~~OS Windows XP SP2
MOBO-Gigabyte 8I915P Duo Pro Intel Socket 775 (PCI-E)~~HDD-Western Digital 160GB(SATA)
PSU-Aspire 500W ATX~~RAM-1GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (512x2 Dual Channel)
GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Dishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 06:57 PM   #7
Wizard of Wires
 
setishock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not sure
Posts: 10,030
Default Oops...

Sure and begora tis true. The lad has 6 lines in his sig.

Building:
Intel celeron D 2.8 Ghz
GeForce MX400 (PM If there good)
Asus P4PE Motherboard
80 Gb hard disk and 512Mb Ram
EXTREME GAMER


You can lose the top or bottom line and still have a good sig.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:51 PM   #8
BSOD
 
Steven11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,056
Default Re: Oops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock
Sure and begora tis true. The lad has 6 lines in his sig.

Building:
Intel celeron D 2.8 Ghz
GeForce MX400 (PM If there good)
Asus P4PE Motherboard
80 Gb hard disk and 512Mb Ram
EXTREME GAMER


You can lose the top or bottom line and still have a good sig.
Sorry i didnt know i thought it was 5 lines, i have edited
Steven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:04 AM   #9
Fully Optimized
 
technoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,382
Default Re: Peoples sigs

is my sig oK?
__________________
~~~ tEcHnOmAn ~~~
technoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:27 PM   #10
The Candyman
 
~mr mixx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,312
Default Re: Peoples sigs

Haha "yah mon", Root is correct..The sig can be anything , as long as it isn't offensive or rude.

Speaking of sigs, i will have to change mine soon.
__________________

__________________
" Let the music move you "
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0