Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #51
Guru

Default Re: OverClocking Section - Broad Scope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
There are up and downs for this though, but we won't know the results unless we try.
What exactly are the downs? I fail to see any.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #52
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by worshipme View Post
The subsections are always overlooked. If we want to attract the more serious members, it needs to be on the front page next to general hardware.
I concur.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #53
Fully Optimized

I suppose it would be an alright idea. The big question is, what more does it cost to add a sub-section for overclocking. The major upside is that the members who are pretty good at overclocking will be able to go straight to answering purely overclocking related questions. Rather than sifting through normal questions that we see in the general hardware and software section. Typically, new members like to stay at places where they get quick and knowledgeable responses. Most people are fairly impatient when they have a broken computer and are trying to get it fixed or they want to overclock it. which is why you typically see the {!} flag or the angry face on threads about broken stuff. If we have a dedicated section, the questions will all be overclocking and can be quickly addressed. I'm all for the idea, but I do think that it needs some refining. Issues like: Where should it be placed?
- On its own Forums section?
- A sub-forum listed inside General Hardware and Software?
- A sub-forum listed on the main page, but within General?

Issues like this need to be discussed. Personally, I think the 3rd one does just fine.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #54
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell View Post
- A sub-forum listed inside General Hardware and Software?
Yes
Old 07-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #55
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
What exactly are the downs? I fail to see any.
Well, for one thing. There's not much people that are willing to OC, and most new members would usually just post it under the "General Hardware and Software". So it would most likely be a ghost town like some of the subsections here.
Of course, your ups can be my downs, and vice versa.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Old 07-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #56
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A True Folder View Post

OFF TOPIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Hmm. . .

Only 17 people have voted.
Quote:
Wow. . .

Now 18 out of 40,000 plus have voted. What a mandate.
Quote:
Most all good suggestions are taken seriously. It really depends on how much interest it generates and if David approves.
Dude your attitude has gone to the dogs of late, pull your head in, just because a suggestion may not be to your liking there is no need to be an arsehole about it.

I think being made a mod has overinflated your perception of your own worth, you vaguely remind of someone else at present.

Uh oh. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon View Post
I am keeping an eye on this thread but I'm just waiting for the poll to play out to see if everyone is in support or not
Old 07-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #57
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
Well, for one thing. There's not much people that are willing to OC, and most new members would usually just post it under the "General Hardware and Software". So it would most likely be a ghost town like some of the subsections here.
Of course, your ups can be my downs, and vice versa.
There are quite a few OverClocking threads created and a lot of the current members here enjoy the process (Cabbs, ATF, Worshipme to name a few). The OC Forum would probably be more frequently used the the Networking and the Programming forums (which aren't even subforums).
Old 07-24-2009, 05:06 AM   #58
Fully Optimized

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mines a small OC on an old chip but it's an OC and something that I will continue to do on future upgrades.

It'd be nice to go to an OC section and talk about, discuss, challenge, query and compete against others here that OC their machines.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:26 AM   #59
Fully Optimized

I think given that there are rarely more than 50 active members at one time on this forum that the majority appears to carry the day

David, it's not really a big deal to instigate a 3 - 6 month trial imo, how do you feel about it?

Quote:
Uh oh. . .

obvious troll is obvious

FFS, just let it go mate, you're only making yourself look worse by trolling tbh
E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
Old 07-25-2009, 12:16 AM   #60
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to root_assassin

why not just make a OC sticky in the general hardware section

Closed Thread