Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Guru

Default Overall Maintenance

*Not trying to be rude nor sarcastic*

I think it's time for a good overall maintenance. I don't mean performance-wise, although it would help, but I mean in looks and such. For one, I hate the little gray font for reputation, results when you search, and other things. On the dark blue it's very hard to read. I also don't like the links at the top of the page, the ones about hardware. It would be pretty cool if those could be replaced by a page where only certain members could post the latest hardware with their brief description and opinion. The only reason I say certain is because new members who don't stick around and spammers could be posting useless information there. It could be really beneficial to some who come here for just a quick opinion on a good PSU or a good GPU. Addtionally, I was hoping we could get the PM limit increased to 50 and the time requirement between each PM decreased to a minute. I know we discussed this earlier and if I'm not mistaken the latter was already decided to be changed. Whether or not it has been changed I'm not sure.

At the moment, these are the only problems I can think of. Feel free to post your comments. Let's try not to make a push for radical changes such as pics in sigs.....because if we can't even get these trivial stuff to pass we'll never get those.

JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Overall Maintenance

I don't really care about the PM stuff because I don't use it much. But I agree with it being difficult to read the gray text in your CP. Like to see the reputation points you have to highlight it with your cursor.

And a performance boost isn't really required, but as you said, it would help. And when you mean certain members you mean like members over 100 posts or been with CF for over 3 months or something like that?

I agree with Joga here, some good ideas.

StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
Guru

I don't know how we'd separate them. Nothing to steep though, something just to separate spammers and one-timers really.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:12 AM   #4
Site Team

The maintenance needed on this site is to fix those friggen white screen. 4 and a half hour white screen. it's a disgrace.

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote