old threads

crazyjoe16

In Runtime
old threads and old users

i think that threads should be locked if people stop replying on them for like a week or something, cuz its annoying when people bring up months old threads from like page 30 of the social lounge.

one other thing. i think i read somewhere on here that no one can actually "delete" users, but i'm not sure. if you can, i think a user should be deleted or at least warned if their average posts per day drops below a certain number, of if they are inactive for a certain amount of time. that way, CF might be a little cleaner and uncluttered.

just some random ideas i thought of.
-craze :D

good point, that would be a good idea ... maybe the posts should be locked after say 5 weeks?

This radom idea is a good one ... lol

This has been brought up several times before, including my self / Matt / and Lk, but for now David is keeping it like it is.

delete users? average number of posts per day?

lot's of folks use this forum for computer info, help & tech resources etc. not only as a social lounge

why delete users for lax posting if they become a member for purpose of fixing computer hardware, programming, software problems & the like, the main reason for this forum

so they come back in a month or a year looking for resource & see themselves as non-member and have to join again? think they would?

also lots of good info in old threads here, what if question relevant to old thread comes up? why lock?

don't want to defeat original purpose of this forum

my 2 cents fwiw

i dont think we should delete old members etc or unused accounts

i do agree with locking old threads

maybe not ones on hardware software etc, threads that help people i dont mind them beeing brought up

its things like old social lounge convos/games/intros that i think should be locked

phrankco said:
delete users? average number of posts per day?

lot's of folks use this forum for computer info, help & tech resources etc. not only as a social lounge

why delete users for lax posting if they become a member for purpose of fixing computer hardware, programming, software problems & the like, the main reason for this forum

so they come back in a month or a year looking for resource & see themselves as non-member and have to join again? think they would?

also lots of good info in old threads here, what if question relevant to old thread comes up? why lock?

don't want to defeat original purpose of this forum

my 2 cents fwiw

sry for some reason none of that occurred to me before lol, good point...

matt said:
i dont think we should delete old members etc or unused accounts

i do agree with locking old threads

maybe not ones on hardware software etc, threads that help people i dont mind them beeing brought up

its things like old social lounge convos/games/intros that i think should be locked

i totally agree w/that statement, after i month, the post count thread should be locked. one month from it's begining. that's my 2-cents.

That post count stuff is pointless... I didn't post once on computer forums from july to late october last year..... So? Now I'm a pretty big member... but "theoretically" I would be deleted right now.

Back
Top Bottom