Oh David

Thank God. Can we upgrade now?

:D (that was a little bit of sarcasm in there, too...but really, now we can upgrade).

Oh well.

I paid $160 for a life time license, but now I need to pay $195 to get vB 4?

What happens when vB 5 comes out? Another $200?

Discounts for next version upgrades
So yes, you have to pay again for anything after v4.

Doesn't makes sense to me.

Let the forum know what benefits we receive from it and i'm sure the cash will come your way

Oh well.

I paid $160 for a life time license, but now I need to pay $195 to get vB 4?

What happens when vB 5 comes out? Another $200?

So yes, you have to pay again for anything after v4.

Doesn't makes sense to me.

Ouch, that's painful, David. :/

That sounds quite like the Windows upgrade path (Vista -> 7) when compared to the recent Apple offer for Snow Leopard which was offered to Leopard users (I believe) for less than $30 US if I remember correctly. I firmly believe that if you paid for the previous version, you should be get a discount, since the software is essentially a modified version of the previous release - a large percentage of what you're buying is included in something you bought previously. That's wrong >.<

Is there any particular reason you chose to use vBulletin over the alternatives?

Ouch, that's painful, David. :/

That sounds quite like the Windows upgrade path (Vista -> 7) when compared to the recent Apple offer for Snow Leopard which was offered to Leopard users (I believe) for less than $30 US if I remember correctly. I firmly believe that if you paid for the previous version, you should be get a discount, since the software is essentially a modified version of the previous release - a large percentage of what you're buying is included in something you bought previously. That's wrong >.<

Is there any particular reason you chose to use vBulletin over the alternatives?

I'm not trying to get off-topic, but you have to remember that apple has more frequent releases of osx than microsoft has of windows. Microsoft gives you all of the service packs for free. Microsoft also doesn't make money off of the hardware.

I do agree that there should be a large discount on vb4 for current users, though.

Back
Top Bottom