no more Rep?

My guess would be to wear that big "I'm awesome" T-Shirt, and walk down the streets as if you crapped your pants with a big smile and keeping the chin up.

I don't know really...but you don't need rep to be known here BTW...rep is an extra.

It's nice though for people who come to post one or two questions to see an answer from someone who has high rep to know that that person knows what they are talking about.

Perhpas a simple 'Thank you' button instead of rep that wouldn't simply count up by one every time some thanks you for an answer.

All my rep was just from making jokes usually. Although, people here take me seriously 80% of the time when I am making a joke... ha.

The only place I've really seen a rep style system really work is in the stack exchange group of sites such as stackoverflow. Sure, you *could* still get rep for making a quirky joke in an answer, but if you do there's a greater chance you'll lose rep for it because that sort of thing should belong in a comment (which you don't get rep for anyway.)

It's better than using the post count as a measure, and I still think it has it's place - but only just. It's certainly not a fine grained method of distinguishing if one member is more knowledgeable than another.

Back
Top Bottom