New server

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Lindon

Golden Master
Well now that the DB errors are pretty much sorted the site seems to be running a little slow sometimes. This happens when there is a surge in users on one of the sites so while the server can cope easily most of the time it struggles when this happens and so I've decided it may be time for a new server.

Specs:

Current server
P4 2.8Ghz
1.5GB RAM
80GB hard drive
Windows Server 2003

New server
Core 2 duo E6300
2GB RAM
160GB hard drive
Windows Server 2003

How the upgrade will work:

I expect the new server to be online next week.

I will copy all the data onto the new server and test it to make sure every is working. Once I'm happy everything is running I will update the name servers to point to the new servers IP. Unfortunately some ISPs cache the IP so may still point to the old server, if this is the case you will be able to access the site via: http://72.21.42.74

I will put a notice up when the actual move takes place and expect downtime to be only 1 hour.

After this time you may need to flush your dns cache, go to start - run - cmd and type ipconfig /flushdns

Please post any questions here.

i thought this was just another request for a new server till i actually checked it out. damn thats good news :)

Wow , the new server is prolly faster than my computer :D
this is good news though

Thats awesome!, is that why there is a new banner at the bottom, did you also switch hosting companies?

Wow those specs are a huge improvement.
We should see a major difference. awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom