New members posting about proxy use.edited title because other didnt fit the purpose

uid=[0]

Daemon Poster
I have seen that we keep getting a "new member" asking the same questions. all of them relate to "How do I get so and so's IP" Me personally, I think that if they really needed that for a legitament purpose, they would be asking the person whos ip they are trying to get. Aside from that, for the resons in which they ask are somewhat useless, and no point. my "proposition" for this is to add that to part of the forum rules, for not to ask questions with no purpose, and or at least these specific types of questions, because chances are its the same person on all of those posts, however they just arent getting the answer they want so they keep asking but on different ID's.

Would anyone else agree?

Re: Mods/Admins possibly a sticky??

Hmmm... Well, it would have to go through david. Which would take forever, so ill just swap this to the comment place, and let it go from there.

Re: New members posting about proxy use.edited title because other didnt fit the purpose

Most of the time it's for the wrong reasons. Do what we do. Tell them that asking is outside of the forum's policy and you can't help them. Don't be rude just point that out and duc out of the thread.

Re: New members posting about proxy use.edited title because other didnt fit the purpose

Some people could be asking for legimate reasons. :)

Maybe JP but if you answer the question and tell them how to do this and that. Then you tell all the baddies how to do it also. Just play it safe and avoid the issue.

Back
Top Bottom