Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Negative Reputation

[RANT]

If someone gives you negative reputation it is usually because you did something they judge to be bad and their simply trying to help you out. Negative rep. is supposed to be constructive advice, no? What pisses the hell out of me is when people give it back to you for no reason. Goddamn people, grow the f*** up. I've said many times, I don't mind getting negative rep. if it's because I did something wrong, but please, giving it just for revenge....give me a break. The next person who gives me a neg. rep. because I gave a neg. rep. will be neg. repped every time I find myself able to do so. I don't care if you think this is childish or not...you obviously care about your rep. if you're doing this so I will take it away.

[/RANT]
__________________

JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Teny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: Negative Reputation

Didnt you give me a negative rep because I gave you a negative rep because you said you were hoping that my external wont work anymore, and that I learn a lesson in one of my threads?
__________________

__________________
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Negative Reputation

I did man...but how long ago was that? Didn't I also send you quite a few PMs about it? Didn't I give you like twice the rep. back because of my actions? I'm not going to hide the fact that I've done some of the things I rant about. You know, I went through things and I learned better. I'm trying to prevent others from taking the route that I took. In fact I was just PMing T-Man about this.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: Negative Reputation

Obviously you care about it more than we do. I don't think "Having the wrong attitude" is a good reason to negative rep someone. You're crying about receiving negative rep for a "stupid reason", when you say you don't even care about it. You really need to teach yourself the same lesson you are trying to preach to us.
__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Negative Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Obviously you care about it more than we do. I don't think "Having the wrong attitude" is a good reason to negative rep someone. You're crying about receiving negative rep for a "stupid reason", when you say you don't even care about it. You really need to teach yourself the same lesson you are trying to preach to us.
What is a good reason to give negative rep then? When you don't like someone? When someone innocently says something that isn't accurate or right? How does my rant make you think I care about my reputation? Give me a break...green bars don't mean anything. I've already said this in another thread and I'll say it again, you can give me negative reps all the way to 0 and I won't care. I think people would still see me the same way. If they don't then there is obviously something wrong this forum. I am completely fine with receiving bad reputation for having a firebrand behaviour, for giving wrong information, for being stupid, w/e. I don't care. However, if you give me neg. rep. because I gave you neg. rep. then I have a problem. Why? Because it pisses me off that someone can't deal with receiving bad rep without having to give some back.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
Site Team
 
Lowndsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,607
Default Re: Negative Reputation

You said heaps of times that you don't even take notice of rep though? Why are you getting to upset about it if that's the case
__________________
JogaBonito1502: I guess Microsoft is really not to blame. Sorry!

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #7
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Negative Reputation

The way I use rep. is to check if I'm being helpful to others. For example, today, ConfusedGirl gave me some reputation for helping her out with her problem. To me, this is a good sign. It means I'm being a good member (at least on my point of view). So it annoys me when someone gives me bad reputation without constructive criticism; when some gives me bad reputation just because I gave it to them. I guess I should be more specific when I say that I don't take notice of reputation. I guess what I mean is that I don't take notice of how much reputation I have. I do like to hear good feedback though.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #8
Omnipotent One
 
Atomic Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,161
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: Negative Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
How does my rant make you think I care about my reputation? Give me a break...green bars don't mean anything. I've already said this in another thread and I'll say it again, you can give me negative reps all the way to 0 and I won't care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
[RANT]

What pisses the hell out of me is when people give it back to you for no reason. Goddamn people, grow the f*** up. I've said many times, I don't mind getting negative rep. if it's because I did something wrong, but please, giving it just for revenge....give me a break. The next person who gives me a neg. rep. because I gave a neg. rep. will be neg. repped every time I find myself able to do so. I don't care if you think this is childish or not....

[/RANT]
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #9
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Negative Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Well played. I need to add the "amount" of reputation in my posts. Again, I care about whether I get good feedback or not...not about how much I have.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: Negative Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
What is a good reason to give negative rep then? When you don't like someone? When someone innocently says something that isn't accurate or right? How does my rant make you think I care about my reputation? Give me a break...green bars don't mean anything. I've already said this in another thread and I'll say it again, you can give me negative reps all the way to 0 and I won't care. I think people would still see me the same way. If they don't then there is obviously something wrong this forum. I am completely fine with receiving bad reputation for having a firebrand behaviour, for giving wrong information, for being stupid, w/e. I don't care. However, if you give me neg. rep. because I gave you neg. rep. then I have a problem. Why? Because it pisses me off that someone can't deal with receiving bad rep without having to give some back.
The only reason I said it was because you didn't even bother to find out why I said it. If you really don't care about rep, then why complain when you lose some? If people want to be immature, let them. You're never going to meet most of the people in real life here. This site is just a way for a few random people to be able to connect and help others. That is exactly what goes on here. Why do you care if most of the people here are immature and neg rep you? Live and let live. You should be more focused on if you actually help the person with the question or problem. You can't change someone's attitude. If you actually were in that thread from the beginning, you would have the same attitude I do.
__________________

__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0