Negative rep comments

Honestly you should make a vB mod that can show, if I had the files for this version of vBulletin, I might be able to make one.

Something just occured to me.. a forum my sister used to use had a rep system, but only certain users could use it. Those who abused it had thier privledge revowked, and those with atleast 100 posts would get the privledge.

I'm sure David can as well, lol.

I think we should use that idea, in which only respected users, are able to use it.

So let me get this straight...

if a user completly agrees with your view points, and give you a positive rep point then that's great and you're really happy about it...

but if a user completly disagrees with your viewpoints and gives you a negative rep point then they are abusing the system?

you really can't have it both ways?
IMO either rep points should be given exclusively based on how helpful members are (i.e whether they helped you solve a problem in the help sections),
(thus people get negative points for being unhelpful).

or they are awarded based on how much people like the content of the posts, in which case you'd expect to get a negative rep if someone didn't like the content...

If you really want to see the rep system moderated to remove negative rep points for when people didn't like the threads you made, then it'd only be fair to remove the rep points for when people did like the points you made...

thus your reputation would be based on how technically helpfull you were rather than how insightful (or un-insightful) your opinions were.

lhuser said:
One thing you should consider would be to users to see who gave them good/neutral/bad rep.

It seems that some people are abusing it.

You guys wanted it. Now it's getting abused.
Being able to see who did what good or bad is going to start some wars. IMHO turn it back off and keep the peace.

setishock said:
You guys wanted it. Now it's getting abused.
Being able to see who did what good or bad is going to start some wars. IMHO turn it back off and keep the peace.
That, too, is a good suggustion.

Back
Top Bottom