Move General Electronics to its own section.

Jenox

BSOD
I'm not to sure who came up with the idea to put...

"non-computer related subjects such as: cell phones/ digital camera's / Mp3 players /ect.."

...inside the General Computer area. Rather idiotic to say the least. I suggest, although we know without a shadow of a doubt that it will never happen, to move the General Electronics to it's own section rather then have it be a sub-forum of the "General Computer Hardware/Software".

Reason: You're putting something inside a forum that is in NO relation to it's main forum. It's to confusing for new members to look for "non computer related items..." in the most heavily computer related forum.

Some would say it's fine where it's at, but that's only because you've grown accustomed to it being there. For new members it's out of place and might become difficult to find if they're looking for non-related computer forums in a heavy computer related forum.

It's rather idiotic and needs to be fixed.

David did that. It's been said before that he's looking for the "minimalist" look on the front page, although not by him. We tried to get him to move it out to the front page when he made the section but just didn't do it.

for someone thats only been here a month, calling the admin an idiot isnt going to help you.

it is fine where it is, and it isnt going to be moved. there is no reason to move it, stop being so pathetic, and leave it as is.. if youve got a problem with the admin, or the mods, you know where the door is. and if you keep up the constant trying to ptu the forum down, ill give you a hand.

the general electrics was added after a suggestion some time last year, and there were no problems when it was first introduced. if it aint broke, dont fix it.

and i suggest you stop going around calling people idiots.

Actually I agree with him here...

you shouldn't really nest a subforum in a place that has nothing to do with it.

it might be better to have it in a different place. -it'd make more sense.

but Marks right. calling the admin an idiot isn't the numero uno way to get a good reception.

Well to be honest I guess I should voice my reasons for leaving it as it is

1. It is hardly used. The last post was Feb 27th - 1 week ago. This would give a bad impression having it on the front page. I know it sounds odd, but I myself are put off a forum if the last post date is an age ago. Also 383 topics is also not a very good first impression
  2. The forum was started (YES! a suggestion that was implemted) as a forum for computer related gadgetry for example mp3 players etc etc because it was felt the did not deserve to be lost in the computing world of the hardware forum. Even now when looking at the electronic forum, the majoriy of threads still have an element regarding computers:

Can I use solar power to run my computer?

Best gaming headphones?

Sound Cards??

Why does my iPod 30gig loose all power in the cold

Geforce 6800XT Svideo?

Suggest a Video card

How do i use a tv as a monitor???

Mozilla Firefox Windows Media Player Plugin PROBLEM!!!
  3. Personally I like the 'folder view' on the home page. You can see the main forums and then if you want more detail then you have the option. Now I'm not saying that I am refusing to move it because I like it and no one else does - I want to hear everyones opinion on that

mark thorpe said:
for someone thats only been here a month, calling the admin an idiot isnt going to help you.

it is fine where it is, and it isnt going to be moved. there is no reason to move it, stop being so pathetic, and leave it as is.. if youve got a problem with the admin, or the mods, you know where the door is. and if you keep up the constant trying to ptu the forum down, ill give you a hand.

the general electrics was added after a suggestion some time last year, and there were no problems when it was first introduced. if it aint broke, dont fix it.

and i suggest you stop going around calling people idiots.

Dude you're taking everything i say completely out of context. First of all, i never said anyone was idiotic, i said putting a subforum in a forum where it's the exact opposite, is rather idiotic, which it is.

When did I say David was an idiot? When did I say anyone was ever an idiot? Not one time. I said the idea of putting a subforum that deals with non-computer related items in a heavy computer related forum was idiotic. If you can't see that, then geeze, I'll leave the rest to you. :rolleyes:

In business, you need a reason to do something. If I don't have any clients who want nice images on thier website, then I can't justify buying photoshop to do images. If we don't have a lot of activity in that post, then that means it doesn't get a lot of attention. While I agree that the location of the subforum is a bit odd where it is, but I also see david's point. Moving it, while logical, would really serve no purpose. If it did get to the point where it was very popular, then I could see reducing the number of mouse clicks to get to the information.

Jenox said:
When did I say David was an idiot? When did I say anyone was ever an idiot? Not one time. I said the idea of putting a subforum that deals with non-computer related items in a heavy computer related forum was idiotic. If you can't see that, then geeze, I'll leave the rest to you. :rolleyes:

You have actually implied that on an number of occasions.

The electricals forum itself does in fact deal with alot of computer related items

David Lindon said:
You have actually implied that on an number of occasions.

The electricals forum itself does in fact deal with alot of computer related items

Ok David, I'll be as vague as humanly possible to explain this to you...

General Hardware/Software : COMPUTER RELATED SUBJECTS

<><><><><><><><>General Electronics : NON COMPUTER RELATED SUBJECTS

<><><><><><><><>Processors : AMD vs Intel

<><><><><><><><>Gallery : Pictures etc etc

etc etc etc

You have two conflicting subjects within each other. I hope to God that clears it up. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom