More spam

Seems it was a Trojan and you got it out somehow. I used to visit a guitar forum when I suddenly got hit with ransomeware every time I visited there. I started using an adblock and it worked.

After a while the forum put up an anti adblock popup that blocked the screen so I couldn't use it. I turned it off and the ransomeware came back so I quit that forum.

Moving ahead to where my PC got bad memory and the drive got corrupted. Bought new memory and reformatted the drive. I'm sure you remember this.

After a while I thought about that forum as it's my guitar idol's place so I went back and tried again with the adblock turned off. It worked. Somehow it got into my system and my AVG and Malwarebytes never detected it.

It had to be an infected file that was installed in the system. When I reformatted the drive I left out many programs. It has to be one of those files.

Hence a Trojan Horse.

ETA: come to think of it, it wasn't a real ransomeware, just an annoying POS prank.

Last edited:
Your right about the AVG and Malwarebytes. I also use Adblocker and run a Glarys scan as well. Zone alarm, nothing. Even downloaded CC to run a scan..Nothing. about a hour later it was not on the site so i must have banished it to the ciber space or one of the team removed it from the site. I went to other sites right after i visited this site and before i did my scans and it didn't show up so that is why i think it was this site.

Sorry to say, Yes. Like i said, I was gone about a hour and it was gone from this site. I never seen it again. Sounds like someone removed it from the site to me.

Back
Top Bottom