Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-08-2005, 06:28 AM   #11
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Techy Geek
Default Re: member of the month

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottpower
not a good idea. Too mnay hard feelings towards members, plus I was on a couple other forums, everyone hated me since I like linux, I cant help it that bill gates is grubby money sucker.

Plus, I work at a hospital and its esier to customize apps for linux, I woudlnt trust windows to run the medical stuff now would you?? constant blue screens and error messages and exolorer crashes can kill patients!

I told people that, I told them about linux's sheer advantages, and people blow at me, I hate it.

would you want to pay all those windows costs, I mean, server 2003 is very expensive!
LOL
maybe people could vote for the member that gave them the most useful information, rather than the person who posted the most, that might also stop any spamming or flaming

Possibly a Mac Convert
Techy Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:43 AM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to 135791

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlon64fx
vote for me! he he!
that demonstrates why it might not happen

i think the staff should decide who* should be member of the month

and base are opinions on who has helped the most answering questions who has calmed everyon down, who has reported spm, etc

i think it could work if users for once respected a staff decision

135791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:58 AM   #13
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Techy Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt
that demonstrates why it might not happen

i think the staff should decide who* should be member of the month

and base are opinions on who has helped the most answering questions who has calmed everyon down, who has reported spm, etc

i think it could work if users for once respected a staff decision
thats a great idea, see thats just what im talking about, to try and motivate people not to spam and give useful answers to peoples questions rather than just repeating what the person above has said
Possibly a Mac Convert
Techy Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:42 AM   #14
Baseband Member

I think it will also create too much bias, I just got here, and I'm gonna try my best not to get mean and rowdy, I'm just here to help people with linux, and whatever else comes to play.

I hope that this forum Isn't a biased place. the last forum I was at was hevily biased and certian members got treated better and got off easier than others. Just becuse some mods talked alot with certain members on msn alot. I hated it.

All I am sking for is people to respect me, I know people Don't like linux, its ok, Im cool with it. I know some people in my IT department disagreed with me using linux, but I know that they just want waht they want. I respect alot of peoples decisions.

But I will not respect a decsion to favor one member over the other, I think everyone should be treated equal.
mandrake linux 10.1 just installed! also getting extra HD for gentoo later
Phillips DVD burner (dual layer 16x) and coolermaster wave case
--------------------^_____^------------------------
prescottpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #15
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottpower
not a good idea. Too mnay hard feelings towards members, plus I was on a couple other forums, everyone hated me since I like linux, I cant help it that bill gates is grubby money sucker.

Plus, I work at a hospital and its esier to customize apps for linux, I woudlnt trust windows to run the medical stuff now would you?? constant blue screens and error messages and exolorer crashes can kill patients!

I told people that, I told them about linux's sheer advantages, and people blow at me, I hate it.

would you want to pay all those windows costs, I mean, server 2003 is very expensive!
Haha; you'll be liked for things like that here By most people... not by me of course
Old 04-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to athlon64fx

You tell em LK! Microsoft does good things for the planet!
athlon64fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:16 PM   #17
Guru

Hail Microsoft!
Old 04-08-2005, 03:53 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to athlon64fx

yah huh!!! you bet they do!
athlon64fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:05 PM   #19
entity512

Haha.. windows my ass
Old 04-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #20
Guru

Haha; I'm sure it is flattered but Windows doesn't bend that way Scott. Now Linux... most of their Distributions would probably be more than happy.