Lite sugestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really in look for this...not because I want people to work...but b/c Mr. Lindon uses Vb, so it's the best forum system compared to PHPbb

Compairing Vb to phpBB is really fun..
Vbb - About 250us
phpBB - free.

I have probably more features then this forum has here and probably more secure too. But then again I tweak about 8 hours a day to customize my forum where as David may not. Thats all preference..

phpBB has been known to be more secure than Vbb many times. Mainly because it's an open source bulletin board, Thus it's also more prone to attack because of it's open source. But with the right security features inplace I have a secure place.

Dont get me wrong, I like Vbb. But I'm not willing to shell out the money when I can do the same stuff for free.. Heck You want Vbb,,, No problem you can easily convert phpbb to Vbb face and attitude for free. With all the functions too..

But back to the orginal problem at hand.. PM popups are a great notification, and doesn't use them much resource.

No, that is just the forums for the developers to use! They cannot use their own as it is unstable because they are still working on it.

As of March 2006 the first real beta should come out as planned

135791 said:
and ifim not mistaken CF is on a dedicated server thats not realy using up much resources and has plenty of space etc

lol if WHT with its billions of members can handle the system im sure CF can
Yes it is. Have you noticed that WHT do not have the popup option too?

David Lindon said:
Yes it is. Have you noticed that WHT do not have the popup option too?
:) David its does come up with a popup @ WHT :), So your bit mistaken there.
A forum this size is a spec of dust on your servers resources, Not arguing here but you have a top spec server at ev1 and barely use anything on it last time i asked you, Even if you allowed custom avatars it would use that much? How about vB code? i guess your saying that will hog resources too, I like your style but it may seem to me as a bit extreme :)

you have to consider his over sites though, they ad a few more specs of dust

and yes WHT does have the poup system/i use it, they also have a hell of alot of hacks installed to manage the forum, my advice turn on a few custom systems they were built in for a reason or down grade your server get a cheappy from LT then you can use that story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom