Lite sugestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhuser

Golden Master
Everytime someone gets a PM, they don't know...eept by e-mail...and this...if it works.

I was wondering something, why don't we add a pop-up window saying you have a PM? At least, they could directly go there...see my point?

That feature uses alot of server resources, because it has to check for new pms every time someone clicks a page.

and ifim not mistaken CF is on a dedicated server thats not realy using up much resources and has plenty of space etc

lol if WHT with its billions of members can handle the system im sure CF can

If your worried about resource on a dedicated server. Time to do some house cleaning.

Prune your forums.. Theres posts from ages ago.. There what a thread I had made some one replied to. Then a different user came up and complained and said dont bring up old posts..

If we cant bring them up and reply to a post say from 2003, Why even have them. Same with user memebrs.. If they havent posted in like 6 months delete the user profile..

With these types of forums the PM pop up feature wont use alot of resource.

Your "Whos Online" and "Currently Browseing" Feature uses more resources then a PM popup feature

the reason the old posts are there are for guests to read. a lot of those threads show up on google searches and ppl read them and fix there problems without having to post anything. the useres don't take up much resouces are thats what i have bin told when i suggested to delete all the old ones.

lhuser said:
Everytime someone gets a PM, they don't know...eept by e-mail...and this...if it works.

I was wondering something, why don't we add a pop-up window saying you have a PM? At least, they could directly go there...see my point?

Yeah great idea, ive been on a few forums and one of my top fav on has that and its handy but a little anoying at times tho...

No offence to David or anyone at all but really Cf is a little left behind in the times compared to 'some' other forums
Just my little imput

x.x.x
G.G

What kind of forums do go onto GG, geeks to go ?
To be honest, i believe that email notification is just fine ... i mean, do we really need pop ups just to show that a PM has arrived? Isn't that going abit overboard ?

Nope. I have that on my forums and it's very usefull part of communication if you have a few people on the forums for a period of time.. It doesn't increase resource as some would say. No more then the browsing or whos online..

geek_gal said:
No offence to David or anyone at all but really Cf is a little left behind in the times compared to 'some' other forums
Just my little imput

x.x.x
G.G

What do you mean behind in the times? like just the actual site or the stuff we talk about(hardware).

Dishdog said:
What do you mean behind in the times? like just the actual site or the stuff we talk about(hardware).

No no! like the site features, some of them..
like a big one ...
<<<-------
You no what nearly ever one wants lol (Custom Avatars)
And as you suggest the pm alert etc..
Things like that, but its not really that BIG of a deal, really the info and help etc makes up for it i guess...you no like what the sites REALLY about..

I was just saying thats all

now as to you...
dyserq said:
What kind of forums do go onto GG, geeks to go ?

I dont really think its any of your biz what other stuff or forums/sites i do go to apart from go onto cf, unless i say so!
Newho you just googled my name, its really not that hard, its just down right nosey!

and yes geeks to go, not often tho..so your point?

Im in a bitchy mood ..

truth...

x.x.x
G.G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom