Inbox Messages

Luke_Uk_Baggy

In Runtime
Hi all, just thought I would throw this idea out there - I'll apologise if its been mentioned before, or my logic is flawed somewhere.

Just noticed I had a message in my inbox (which I don't check that often I'll be honest) from someone I had helped asking for a bit more information.

Would it be possible, if you have unread personal messages, to have a little white number to appear next to 'My Profile' (Sort of facebookesque) (P.S Ignore the white arrow - thats just for clarity)

E.G. If theres 3 messages unread, something like this :

or to a lesser extent, something like this that just shows a difference (I know this looks poor, but just an idea) :

Would be a decent place to have it, as my eyes are allways up that top corner, when I log out etc, and tbh I do receive emails, but theres a lot of them that come through when you post on a few subjects in hot topics in the forums.

Lemme know what you think!

Doesn't it put the number of unread messages right next to "notifications' ?

Or you can go to settings and choose "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up"

Doesn't it put the number of unread messages right next to "notifications' ?

It doesn't for me, unless I've been blind. :S

I have now put the 'Pop up notification' thing on, however the description for that is:

''If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.''

I don't have masses of private messages, and there is a few more American posters than UK posters, so I'm guessing that it wouldn't pop up to notify me of messages I've recieved over night, or if im not on for a day or 2, so the notification, for me personally would be quite hit-and-miss, as to wether I was on or not. If that makes sense?

It highlights a little blue box around the word notifications then puts a little number next to it. "Notifications:1"
Send yourself a pm and have a look.

I dont use the notifications pop up myself but i believe it pops up when you log on.

The popup pops up a few minutes after you log in. Depends on how busy the forum is. If it's slow you'll see it pretty quick. If it's busy it may be a bit. But I always check the member info bar for messages whenever I log in to a VB forum.

Back
Top Bottom