Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Ignore user threads?

I was wondering if there was a way we can set this up already and I'm overlooking it.

I know we have a ignore user feature but the problem is it will still display threads they start basically making the ignore feature semi useless.

Can we add something in that will block there threads started as well if there on are ignore list? I thought there was some type of hack for Firefox to allow this but I can't seem to find it anymore.

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Ignore user threads?

im also interested in this , so i will be watching this thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:25 AM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ߧ∩H♠H䎀 View Post
I was wondering if there was a way we can set this up already and I'm overlooking it.

I know we have a ignore user feature but the problem is it will still display threads they start basically making the ignore feature semi useless.

Can we add something in that will block there threads started as well if there on are ignore list? I thought there was some type of hack for Firefox to allow this but I can't seem to find it anymore.
just dont read them...
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:33 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to ssc456

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe View Post
just dont read them...
lol excellent answer

it really is that simple i remember a few months back someone was complaining about all these new build threads, just dont read them its very simple

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:34 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

Quote:
just dont read them...
Of course lets not try and improve anything.

With this option on the forum would be a way any user can just tailor this forum to the members they wish to help or talk with. It would take flame wars and virtually eliminate them since they normal happen when certain people clash in threads.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #6
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

Lol,I can see where this is going to go.....
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #7
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodude112320 View Post
Lol,I can see where this is going to go.....
Your probably right lol. I'll just edit it out and wait for a response. I've noticed some members don't want anything to ever change around here so the solutions become don't worry about it or ignore it when options exist to change it for the better.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:28 AM   #8
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

Yeah,I have to agree with you about the some members not liking change...
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

or it would make the threads just turn out like rubbish, say someone asks a question, and someone on your ignore list replies to it with the answer.. you would just put in the same answer a couple of minuites later, would make it look messy.

alot easier just to not try to start arguments and egnore the threads they start. nobody says you have to reply to it, and nobody says that just because you can see someones post you have to create an argument.

its nothing to do with not wanting change, i just think that it has a very simple solution (just dont bother to read it!) and would create confusion if it is bought in..

change can be a good thing, like the software upgrade i backed people up on, that improved things, so it was put forward as an idea, it was a sensible suggestion, and worthy of supporting, so it was. this suggestion, IMO, has a very simple solution, and adding more features would just be pointless.

'if it aint broke dont fix it'

ߧ∩†H♠HŽ€ and neodude, i dont care what your opinion on me is, im just putting up MY OPINION on the suggestion. that is, afterall, the point of this section.
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #10
Fully Optimized

Quote:
or it would make the threads just turn out like rubbish, say someone asks a question, and someone on your ignore list replies to it with the answer.. you would just put in the same answer a couple of minuites later, would make it look messy.

alot easier just to not try to start arguments and egnore the threads they start. nobody says you have to reply to it, and nobody says that just because you can see someones post you have to create an argument.

its nothing to do with not wanting change, i just think that it has a very simple solution (just dont bother to read it!) and would create confusion if it is bought in..

change can be a good thing, like the software upgrade i backed people up on, that improved things, so it was put forward as an idea, it was a sensible suggestion, and worthy of supporting, so it was. this suggestion, IMO, has a very simple solution, and adding more features would just be pointless.

'if it aint broke dont fix it'

ߧ∩†H♠HŽ€ and neodude, i dont care what your opinion on me is, im just putting up MY OPINION on the suggestion. that is, afterall, the point of this section.
That is a valid point although as it is you currently have the option of viewing someone's post even if you have them ignored so things wouldn't get messy.

So example a member you don't have ignored makes a thread and a member you have ignored posts in it before you get to it. You can click to see there post and if they have solved there problem you can go about your business without replying.

The idea behind hiding threads altogether from people you don't wish to reply to or even see in the lobby is what I'm looking for. It doesn't matter who would reply in that thread because the member has them blocked so they wouldn't even see the thread to begin with. IE members that we have problems with or tend to get into issue's with would be completely averted since we would never see the threads they start.

Also I don't believe I ever voiced a specific opinion of you to you in this thread Mark so don't jump to conclusions. Thanks for your opinion though you had a decent point that I think I just covered.