Ideas

that would be genius, and work great, as long as people keep the debating inside that section it would be a cool place to have discussions. Like Hyde Park! But, I think you shoul dneed ot have a minimum post count to get in or be a part of a special group only because it might not look so good to a new member looking to register here for computer help
yeah an it would kind of deter the spammers or people joining just to say F**k this your all gay wankers good point

i thik it would be a great idea though and like you said there would be rules alsong the lines of
1) this is a debate section and nothing else no arguing or flaming
2) posts should be in this format so it is easy to read and there is no jumbled up post
  • Your View
  • Whay you have that view
  • Why you disagree with the view of a quote if you quoted
  • Final comment
3)keep all debates in the debate section do not carry on arguments outside of the debate section
4) No getting off the topic of a debate so dont change it from poloitics to a debate about a product

I say if you abuse the debate section you should be givena one week ban and if you continue to do it you get a perm ban

The best thing when it comes to having a Politics / Region / Debate board would have either (a) a password that will only be retrievable by request to the admin (so you can confirm that you are mature enough and won't be offended or whatever) or (b) have a permission mask or whatever for the forum so you could PM the admin and only members who have contacted the admin and confirmed that they want access will see the forum in the list.

The best thing when it comes to having a Politics / Region / Debate board would have either (a) a password that will only be retrievable by request to the admin (so you can confirm that you are mature enough and won't be offended or whatever) or (b) have a permission mask or whatever for the forum so you could PM the admin and only members who have contacted the admin and confirmed that they want access will see the forum in the list.

yeah i agree some sort of filtering system so people can only get in who are aprooved by admin that would stop the one time flamer and run person and people who have been known to flame when someone disagrees with anything they say and another thing people who abuse the section could be removed from the list easily and i agree debate isnt for everyone some people dont want to accept other people view thats fair enough life is prolly gonna be tuff for you but i dont care

Ya, can't you make certain forum sections only viewable by a certain group? Just like the mods have a mod section but no one besides mods and admins can see it. Just make another group like the cf priviledged but without the custom titles, and make it so the only extra thing that group gets is access to the debate section

Ya, can't you make certain forum sections only viewable by a certain group? Just like the mods have a mod section but no one besides mods and admins can see it. Just make another group like the cf priviledged but without the custom titles, and make it so the only extra thing that group gets is access to the debate section
could do. its a lot of effort though, especially since a lot of people would join it im sure.

Yes, you can do it that way but I mean you have permission masks for particular users. So you would still be in your original usergroup, but you would be in the permission mask for that forum. David could just manually add people to the permissions for that forum individually as they PM.

could do. its a lot of effort though, especially since a lot of people would join it im sure.
like ii said recruit more mods just to moderate and admin the debate forum i mean if it happens it is gonna be a lot of extra work for moderating cos f the nature of the section but i feel the benefits outweigh the negative points

like ii said recruit more mods just to moderate and admin the debate forum i mean if it happens it is gonna be a lot of extra work for moderating cos f the nature of the section but i feel the benefits outweigh the negative points
Maybe you could have some rules like needing to have x number of posts, or be a member for x months, or apply and the moderators will decide if you should be approved or not. It might reduce the workload.

well yeah i mean the x number of posts would be the best in an ideal world having each member hand verified would be best but the workload would be way too much

Back
Top Bottom