Ideas

personal blogs could work, they use that over on another site i go on.. they work pretty well

those user bars are cool, but to use them you have to enable images in sigs.. and that would just be abused..

Ya, but mods can edit sigs if they are abused, I can tell some mods already do it to members sigs now.
The blog thing would be ok I guess, they have them at the new egg forums.

True,
I can edit sigs, and if you had a custom avatar that i didn't like I could edit that too. but to be honest, i don't really want to spend my time here editing signatures and avatars, I'd much rather spend the time chatting, or sometimes even helping people!

Why cant we have like a point system,Threads started,Polls,Posts stuff like that and then when you reach a certain point levle you get a special privlidge,E.g 100 points Custom AV ,200 points Custom sig,etc etc.Or you could have an auction with those points,Like a currency for the thread.

Just an idea
that would encourage people to post like furby.

Some good idea's, and although I think they would be hard to implement for david and the mods at first, they could go on to be really successful!

True,
I can edit sigs, and if you had a custom avatar that i didn't like I could edit that too. but to be honest, i don't really want to spend my time here editing signatures and avatars, I'd much rather spend the time chatting, or sometimes even helping people!

that would encourage people to post like furby.
I don't really know Furby... is that a good thing or a bad?

I think a poll should be started for some of these things. I don't if ArrizX wants to start or what, I think he probably should since he started this thread.

I vote that we just get Ahoyka to make us all user bars lol! (he would be compensated for his efforts I'm sure)

Why cant we have like a point system,Threads started,Polls,Posts stuff like that and then when you reach a certain point levle you get a special privlidge,E.g 100 points Custom AV ,200 points Custom sig,etc etc.Or you could have an auction with those points,Like a currency for the thread.

Just an idea :D

EDIT;I just thought of another idea,A Personal Blog for every user

The flaw with this is that on forums, quality is preferred over quantity, it'd be weird to rate how many points you got for what too. Point system is basically what our rep system is, which is also not very accurate in guaging people's performance on the forum since not everyone bothers to rep.
Your idea has a good concept, it'd just get abused though.

Back
Top Bottom