Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
Golden Master

Default Re: I have an idea!

Only two threads have been posted so far regarding deals, and you're making this into a huge fuss. There's simply no need for one.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

theres been 5

Holysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #13
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

wow five. They probobly expire by the end of the month. Great place to keep a record of dead links and expired deals. Just my oppinion.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #14
muz
Golden Master

personally i think at the moment there isnt enough being posted to warrent there being a section . maybe if there where 5+ per day i would say go for it but as you say it would only really get used this time of year anyway if you dont wanna see the deals dont go into the threads

what i think would be a good idea probably never integrated however is a deals newsletter which a few members could produce weekly listing the weeks hottest deals and price comparrisons etc then people could sign up to recieve it
Old 12-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #15
Guru

I vote no. Reason why? If there are really that many deals then the thread should stay alive by itself. A sticky would just take up space.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:27 AM   #16
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

^^that is a decent point.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:15 AM   #17
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

one thing we could have is to have a post of active deals from all sites, like newegg, tigerdirect, frys, micro, etc.
There will be a section for each part of the region, IE, US, EUR, etc. in the post. The OP of that post will post all deals each place are having, but of course, the OP wont be going around looking for those deals, but members in this forum posting every link that site is having, and the OP will update the first post.
It would be nice if someone was looking for an HDD for example, then the person can just open up that post, and see if any sites are having any deals instead of going to each site individually.

Might be long, hard, and confusing. But its an idea if you guys somehow ended up going through with it.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:23 AM   #18
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
one thing we could have is to have a post of active deals from all sites, like newegg, tigerdirect, frys, micro, etc.
There will be a section for each part of the region, IE, US, EUR, etc. in the post. The OP of that post will post all deals each place are having, but of course, the OP wont be going around looking for those deals, but members in this forum posting every link that site is having, and the OP will update the first post.
It would be nice if someone was looking for an HDD for example, then the person can just open up that post, and see if any sites are having any deals instead of going to each site individually.

Might be long, hard, and confusing. But its an idea if you guys somehow ended up going through with it.
That's a more improved idea than what the OP said. (sorry not offence lol)
But anyway, I guess that could work out.
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #19
Wizard of Wires

If you do this on a regular basis all you're doing is giving retailers free advertising. If the forum is not making a commision off of the click through or off the sale, if there is one, then it's not a good idea. Might be good for members but it doesn't help David pay the bills here.
A once in a while like you do now is good.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 03:54 PM   #20
Golden Master

Social Lounge is there for that. If you really want a subsection, I won't mind, but I don't really care either.

lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote