Guru Lounge

Bad idea. If it wasn't for what kind of conversations took place in the mod lounge, I wouldn't go there either.

i can see both sides of this story, and im on both sides

i would love a Gurus only kinda thing, but then we are kinda putting ourself higher than everyone else

if this idea did go through, there shold be one for, atleast, senior members also

but i do like the ideas of gurus getting something, mabey custom little user titles or pics in sigs
yea theres pro's and cons. as always theres bigger and better things cf could be working on instead of another category, so im going to say no at this time.

In theory this sounds like a great idea but when put in to practice it will have great issues IMO . one being there are just too many gurus here for this to be viable , like the social lounge will be deab because all the usual members will be in the "guru" area mening nobody will be there to speak to the new users
second being too many people will become more elitist towards the new members just because they can get into the lounge and they cant .
and besides who is going to make this decision on who is mature enough for this section if that is how the system will work because the only person i think qualified to make that decision is david because it is his site
I also would support switching off post count in the social lounge however this only leaves one problem being that there are a lot of constructive posts in some of the debate threads in the social lounge and sometimes there is a constructive post in there however on the whole switching it off would be a good idea
i think if people want to have mature debate the thing we should do is create a debate section where people can have their debates cos i see nothing wrong with debating but sometimes a few people spoil it for others and the people who know they will spoil it can stay out of the debate section and if needs be mods can ban them from this section

I know what you mean though. To where you can have a certain group of people see a hidden forum.. With Vbulletin. I'm not really sure if it has that feature though. Unless a Admin sets you to the group manually.
Permission masks can be set so that certain usergroups (ex. Gurus) can be permitted access to certain forums, however, I also think that this isn't a good idea.

I would like a place where we could talk without snappy remarks.

Lol sorry but you think that a guru only place would be the solution? If anything that's just going to make it worse.

No offense, but if the "snappy remarks" get to you that bad, good luck with the rest of life.

Look im really tired of this crap in the last 3 days to the last few weeks this place has fallen apart not just this thread but majority, 4 banned for crap, new annoying memb ers and all the mods and members are fighting amongst themselves can we please stop the crap. the lougnge is great but righ now is ot a good time for experiments the group is fallling apart and we need to fix this before we can move to new ideas guys.

Lol sorry but you think that a guru only place would be the solution? If anything that's just going to make it worse.

No offense, but if the "snappy remarks" get to you that bad, good luck with the rest of life.

You have to realize that the crap you get on the internet is probably x10 greater than in real life. People have not to worry about the consequences because the worst thing that can happen is a ban. I doubt half of the "trouble makers" here are trouble makers in real life. They keep it to themselves. I don't see why they can't do that in a forum.

Back
Top Bottom