Google it before asking

4mattc

In Runtime
Before you ask a question please google it and then you have the knowledge or a little background to ask questions on. Thats the way to learn quicker and to get a better knowledge of things.

I understand the frustration you may feel, but I don't know that I'd necessarily encourage this all the time. We don't know people's backgrounds, so we can't assume they all have the time or facility in searching for answers on Google from reputable sources. There is no such thing as a dumb question. We're here to help regardless of how simple or complicated matters are.

Agreed.

I can use Google and do but sometimes i'd rather come and ask the guys/girls here just to get the intellectual juices flowing and create topical conversations here at CF.

sometimes it can be difficult to search for the exact problem if you are inexperienced with technology . For instance for some people their computer may be clickiing and they would just describe the problem as that but the more technically minded who help out here can then narrow it down to the exact component

Also most of the time searching for soloutions for technical problems will often direct people to other forums and is that something we want to be advocating ?

Besides i enjoy helping people out and i dont really care if its the first time ive had tot ell someone how to do something like set up a network or if its the 100th time in the end your still helping someone out

y'all are all correct but it is always good to research your questions and then ask questions. I agree that is why this forum is here but that is how the majority of us learn is by asking questions and also looking things up so I guess all us are correct

Here are my steps to troubleshooting a problem.
1. Restart Program try again
2. Restart PC try again
3. Google

Generally by the 3rd step the problem is fixed.

But sometimes you just need a computer forum to get the juices flowing example:

My M17X laptop was freezing constantly, I couldn't figure it out all the suggestions I found online weren't helping.

I went on a forum, posted about it another individual had gone through a similar problem posted his solution I tried it and it worked.

I've stopped Googling for most of my stuff because this forum is fun, intuitive, and very helpful. This guy helped me with a big problem and even wrote me a batch file to make it easier! Try getting that on Google.

Back
Top Bottom