Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-06-2009, 02:58 AM   #1
Golden Master
 
sniperviper21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 5,438
Default Gaming Sectoin

OK, soo.... this site is

www.computerforums.org correct?

and its all about networking/questions/answers/computers/setups ect right?


And for the most part we are always getting request in the General Computer Hardware section about will this game play crysis? ect...
so basically if a pc plays crysis ur good to go on every other game basically. So with all this talk about having sweet computers to play awesome games,

Why not just have a section of the General/ dedicated to maybe... lets say..

ONLINE Gaming Amongst CF Members

And just maybe either leave subdivisions for people to post in about per say...

'CS:S' add your screen name and when u play if you want to play with other CF'rs on CS

or even PS3 or XBL. Its endless.



WHY i think this would be a good step in bring our members closer together is because we will get to know one another outside of CF and be able to talk about other things besides x58 mobos or the TRUE or omg l33t hax i got a GTX 295! ect...

Any questions comments?
Please post if you like my concept of a new section/branch.



Thanks



~Matt M.





PS:
Gamertag : Capt Wuffles
__________________

__________________
You got to have a Fiddle in the band!
sniperviper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: Gaming Sectoin

http://www.rgforums.com/

Ask David about this.
__________________

__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Gaming Sectoin

I think that section has great potential. At the moment I wouldn't be able to do much, but Later in the summer I'll be all for gaming.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
Fully Optimized
 
Holysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,692
Default Re: Gaming Sectoin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
http://www.rgforums.com/

Ask David about this.
That website has been down for a while now...
__________________
Let's get this party started, I'm sick of begging you You make me dead inside which I give to you
Let's get this party started, You make me feel inside I want to be the one to make myself sane
Holysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: Gaming Sectoin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
http://www.rgforums.com/

Ask David about this.
I think the idea is more of a forum where members can notify each other when they will be online or arrange games
__________________
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
Fully Optimized
 
tom-knox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,451
Send a message via MSN to tom-knox
Default Re: Gaming Sectoin

Wouldn't campaign for or against the news section but i would definitely say don't do sub sections for different game titles. Doing so with new sections often makes them look a little ghost townish.
__________________
New laptop:
2.1 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor :: nVidia GT150m :: 15.6" HD LCD :: 4gb RAM :: 320gb HDD

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
Daemon Poster
 
Szat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 625
Default Re: Gaming Sectoin

I would love to see a PC gaming section added. Not for individual games for the reason stated by tom-knox. It would be good to have a place on these forums where users can go and ask questions and share stories about games they have played. I know it's always helpful to me when I hear users share game play experience before I purchase a game.
__________________
Intel Quad 6600, Asus P5N-E SLI, GeForce GTX 560 1GB, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Zalman 9700NT, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer, 650 watt PSU
Szat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:52 AM   #8
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Gaming Sectoin

I support this 99%. The other 1% - Changing the name from "Gaming" to "Overclocking".
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:46 AM   #9
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 35
Default Re: Gaming Sectoin

I like the idea of having a gaming section to see what everyone is playing and to find out what games are good and what games are just crap
__________________
My Desktop| MOBO: BioStar A780G | GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9500GT | CPU: AMD Phenom 555 Black Edition | RAM: 4GB Crucial Ballistix | HDD: WD 500GB| OS: Windows 7 Pro|
Astharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:55 AM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: Gaming Sectoin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
I support this 99%. The other 1% - Changing the name from "Gaming" to "Overclocking".
Lmao you and the overclock section haha.
__________________

__________________
Everyone's Favorite Turd xD
ET: "Phone home!"
Geek: "ping 127.0.0.1"

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0