Frequently Asked Questions

hey dev. i am completely new to all this and i was not complaining at all......i just thought, i was probably not doing something right. just wanted to know if anything was wrong at my end.....and thanks a lot for all the help. i really appreciate that.i know you guys did whatever you could.thanks again

Okay okay, everyone is happy now :D

David Lindon said:
Well yes I first got into computers and used to play around with them. I had a gift certificate for a store and didn't have anything to spend it on so I picked up a JavaScript book and started learning and created a basic website on a free host. The free host then created a forum with a great community and I liked the idea of starting a forum but the host I was with didn't allow server side scripts (This was way back when the internet first took off). I bought a server to share files etc on a small local network and thought about running a webserver off it which I did and setup a small forum on there. I then bought a domain and as traffic increased move to a new server.

Oh, well thank whoever gave you that gift certificate, because if you didnt get that to get the book, and so on and so fourth we wouldnt have the site. :D

xguynameddavex said:
Suggestion: Maybe The Custom Image Hosting Feature Can Be Added When The Guru Status Is Reached, That May Either A. Cause Spamming, but then again it might also cause people to be more eager to help!
That is a great idea. I love my custom avatars and I use my own server for hosting. I hate leechers!

Why not only allow users to use custom avatars from other servers, such as ImageShack or Photobucket to prevent leeching and wasted bandwidth...

hi
i am a new user.can somebody please tell me why am i not getting the answers to my questions immediately after they have been posted.....i only get them after i ask my next question. i feel i am losing on to answers
You need to understand that the people here volunteer information, we do have lives outside of here, this isnt our full time job.
EDIT
Damn just realised the date of this!

Suggestion: Maybe The Custom Image Hosting Feature Can Be Added When The Guru Status Is Reached, That May Either A. Cause Spamming, but then again it might also cause people to be more eager to help!
i know its an old thread but i think this is a really good idea. its much more reasonable than custom avatars for everyone. it gives people an incentive to stay/post, and it is a bonus for all the hard workers around the forums

upload them to somewhere like rapidshare.com
you cant directly upload them here

Actually I use photobucket but I thought I was missing something like maybe I need to have X amount of posts before I can use the attachment function :cool:

I do not want to ruffle any feathers but. . . . . . .
If we cannot post attachments then why not just get rid of "You may not post attachments" or am i missing something :confused:

Back
Top Bottom