Frequently Asked Questions

David Lindon

Golden Master
We get alot of questions asked here so I thought I'd do a FAQ

How long has CF been online?
Since November 2002. But why does everyone appear to be registered from March 2003? We upgraded to vb at this time, before that we were running YaBB.

What do I have to do to become a mod?
Mods are taken on when needed and to fit the circumstances, for example time zone, experience etc.

Why aren't custom avatars allowed?
As of September 2007 we do!

Server specs?
P4 2.8GHz 1GB RAM

More will be added when asked.

One request: What is the specs of the server the forum is running on, and how much transfer do we get?

Suggestion: Maybe The Custom Image Hosting Feature Can Be Added When The Guru Status Is Reached, That May Either A. Cause Spamming, but then again it might also cause people to be more eager to help!

No Gurus are far to common. Also in that mod section i'd add in, don't ask, we'll ask you. I'm sure you hate it when poeple always ask you if they can become amod.

Already been suggested. Thats a no, sorry guys, people would just spam to get a custom avatar. Thats no fun.

Anyways, I beleive its a single P4, 2.8ghz, with 1gb ram.

Well thats really common sense more than anything, but i geuss your right, because some people just really lack that oh so needed "common sense" feature! lol. There are many guru's, but think about all the information that is hosted on this site, i dont think that a couple people customizing their avatars is really going to flood the forum, besides, 1000 posts is quite a bit, being able to put a custom picture up wouldnt really be enough of a prize to make 1000 posts just for that feature, then again you never know with some people these days! :)

No Gurus are far to common for this forum to make it a feature... Maybe make 5k posts that a feature. No one could spam their way up to 5k posts without being banned. However I like MODs having it because I notice mods. I mean when that david. lindon guy came about. I knew right away he was a fake because of the last of the avator. It wasn't custom. So lets just ahve the mods have them that simple.

Umm you could easily tell it wasnt David London cause he had 4 posts lol, also you could see this huge period after David.. Ohh well there only avs who cares..

Back
Top Bottom