EO Policy

I do not like closed forums like that. If I come to a forum and am thinking about joining, I want to see what kinds of topics are discussed.

And as far as incentive to join, this forum really doesn't have that problem. :p

Right...the closed forums is not the main focus though. I like the part where you get privileges as you post. The reason I think it works is because nobody is going to spam just to get custom avatar and sigs mainly because they don't know how much they have to spam to get it. The idea is brilliant.

I'd bet it'd be a different story if you were new here.

Eh?

@Lowndsey: It is. I was browsing around in their forums and I don't see a lot of spam. My guess is that it's working.

edit: @J: If you mean that I wouldn't support it then you're wrong. I just joined EO and I have 4-5 posts there. I have no priviledges and I don't really mind it. People there had to just stick around to get it. If I end up liking the place I'll get it someday.

because nobody is going to spam just to get custom avatar and sigs mainly

It's happened here before just for a "guru" title by a few people. It will just happen again. And people would find out how much it took once others start getting it.

The idea for locked or hidden sections to some viewers is a horrible idea. It gets shot down every time its brought up for good reason.

Well...the locked hidden sections has already been discussed and I'm not for it as I was. I just thought the others were some interesting ideas. When I see something that could prose useful I give a shout-out. If other members don't like it, then its obviously not implemented. If members like it, but David doesn't, then it's also not implemented. Overall, I'm just looking for ways to improve the forum. Not that it's not good, but there's always room for improvement.

If your not for the hidden parts then why did you bother making this thread if that's the only thing you specified?

Sorry. It was bad wording. I was referring to this:

If you are a new member, you do NOT have permission to the following:
  • No Signature aka "Sigs"
  • No Custom Avatar - You can only choose from the provided ones for the time being.
  • No Custom User Title - Only the system default ones will be displayed.
  • Can't post in some forum sections - You will get a "no permissions" error.
And the link was broken because I was logged in. It's now fixed.

Back
Top Bottom