Edit button is gone

foothead

Omnicide now.
I've been having this problem for a while where there isn't an edit button on my posts. I thought maybe it was disabled for some reason, but other users seem to be able to do it. My posts just have the same buttons as another user's posts would. What's going on? I'm using google chrome in linux btw, but it does this in windows 7 too.

screenshot:
Untitled-2.png

EDIT: Even weirder. I can edit this post. Is there maybe some flag enabled that disabled editing in threads over a certain age?

Last edited:
I do like google chrome, but sometimes it has compatibly issues with webpages. You should swich to a more compatible browser such as Mozilla Firefox.

Don't have it in firefox or seamonkey either. Also, the button on the original post in this thread is now gone.

EDIT: This post has it now.

Last edited:
There is a limited edit window and the button disappears after that time. If you needs an edit - either post an update or ping a mod to give a hand. The edit window is limited to prevent old posts from being wiped out or spam being added to old posts and while it's a bit of an inconvenience, the limit helps preserve thread continuity.

Oh, that explains it. Could you maybe extend the window a bit though? Given how slow the forums have been lately, it's pretty unlikely that anyone has replied before the time runs out.

Yes - it's been doubled now from 30 to 60 minutes. Hopefully that's long enough to fix errors and add additional thoughts. :)

Back
Top Bottom