Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-08-2005, 11:37 PM   #21
Golden Master

Default Re: Delete...

THis site has a lot of members too:

http://www.ocforums.com/index.php?s=

Old 11-09-2005, 01:29 PM   #22
The Candyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrizx
so, mixx do you agree with me or not...?
Agree with what ? not shure what you mean man..

Old 11-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #23
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank_fusion
I agree with the deletion of old users. If someone hasn't logged in for a year, I think it's safe to say that they won't be back.

AND WHO CARES ABOUT OUR NUMBERS?!

I think it looks worse to have all the empty usernames than to have a few less members. Plus, David always complains about server space, right? Well, if he's so against custom avatars for this reason, then why would he ever stand for so many useless accounts taking up this precious space? Either A) he's exaggerating/lying about the server space, or B) he just doesn't have the motivation to maintain the forum (i.e. doesn't feel like adding custom avatar support AND doesn't feel like deleting old members). One of his common arguments is that having all these members makes him happy.... What? I mean, yeah, it's his forum to do what he pleases with, but if he wants it to be a GOOD forum, he might consider actually doing some upkeep. That's just my opinion though.

I've always felt this forum to be a little behind others in that it's not professionally maintained. To be honest, it feels like a bunch of kids just threw out a nifty forum with a computer theme and let the member post content support it. That's no way to run a forum. It involves active participation and administration. So yeah, I guess my point is that David should either allow us to have custom avatars (since pretty much the only argument against it is server space), or he should stop complaining about the server space since it obviously isn't an issue considering the number of old accounts.
Well why the hell are you on the forum if you think were all a bunch of kids? And having the numbers up encourages new members as they will think their posts will be replied to quicker, and having non active accounts would most likely take up next to nothing space as a custom avatar! Sorry to go on at you but what i have quoted above is STUPID.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:03 AM   #24
BSOD

I never said I think you were all a bunch of kids. Please don't take what I say out of context.

Having the numbers up might encourage new members to join, but what happens when their question that they thought would get answered (since there are SOOO MANY PEOPLE) doesn't get answered? What you're saying is quantity over quality? That's pretty bad....

Also, avatars are tiny. In fact, I'm guessing that a user account takes up more space than a single avatar-sized jpg. So yeah, maybe you should think about my points before you post half-assed arguments against them.
catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #25
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to macbook

Fair enough about the first bit about the kids! but....keep the members even if they dont post, and can someone else offer some space for new avatars?