DB errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, its been worked out. I thought something went terribly wrong at the DB.

You know something's wrong when every single computer in the household couldn't get on to ComputerForums.org, but everything else is ok.

It was a strange error. I can log on ok, but when I did, the posts were all the same and the same people were on all the time. There were no changes in posts at all for quite a long time. It was as if computerforums was running, but running off of a backup that didn't do anything. I even tried to post but kept saying "you can post in 30 seconds".

You know something's wrong when every single computer in the household couldn't get on to ComputerForums.org, but everything else is ok, it was a strange error. I can log on ok, but when I did, the posts were all the same and the same people were on all the time. There were no changes in posts at all for quite a long time. It was as if computerforums was running, but running off of a backup that didn't do anything. I even tried to post but kept saying "you can post in 30 seconds".
The reason the posts were the same, was because they were in stasis.

Me too! I proudly was one of the "always logged on" people. It drove me mad, seeig as I had a question about my comp that I couldn't solve myself.

Me too! I proudly was one of the "always logged on" people. It drove me mad, seeig as I had a question about my comp that I couldn't solve myself.
Hmmm, I never log on, which is handy cos I'm usually online to CF from 8.30am BST, til 10pm most days.

Yeah, it was very odd because to me, computerforums appeared to be working. So I was like, "crap, my internet is slow or something". I even went through the process of doing a disk cleanup.

Oh, did you notice on PCs with Vista, disk cleanup gets rid of "Hibernation" option? There's a way to get it back through the Command Prompt though.

Windows Vista, re-enable hibernate feature, disk cleanup may disable
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Windows-Vista-re-enable-hibernate-feature-t146675.html

hibernate.png

Or uncheck Hibernation file cleaner, but I always leave it as default to get rid of everything. Otherwise, what' the point of disk cleanup?

Lots of random annoying errors yesterday. Not to mention the site was pretty slow overall.

Couldn't submit replies.

It was telling me you have to wait longer until your next post when I hadn't even made any posts since I'd been on.

Sometimes blue background wasn't showing up, it's just white.

Before, the online now image wasn't displaying properly, only the alt. text was shown.

Search functions were broken before too, I'd get a page with 2 database errors on it like this:
2dbjf2.jpg

And then new posts search was giving me this (same as hascet)...

Something's seriously wrong when it's not even displaying the error pages correctly. That's just f*cking sad.

OK I'm well aware of the db errors yesterday/last night so only comment on new ones please as I have posted the reason for the previous errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom