Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #191
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice
Default Re: DB errors

Finally, its been worked out. I thought something went terribly wrong at the DB.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:19 AM   #192
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceranch9 View Post
Finally, its been worked out. I thought something went terribly wrong at the DB.
Have a look at geek gal's last post.................

Old 07-14-2007, 11:13 AM   #193
Golden Master

You know something's wrong when every single computer in the household couldn't get on to ComputerForums.org, but everything else is ok.

It was a strange error. I can log on ok, but when I did, the posts were all the same and the same people were on all the time. There were no changes in posts at all for quite a long time. It was as if computerforums was running, but running off of a backup that didn't do anything. I even tried to post but kept saying "you can post in 30 seconds".
Old 07-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #194
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOwner View Post
You know something's wrong when every single computer in the household couldn't get on to ComputerForums.org, but everything else is ok, it was a strange error. I can log on ok, but when I did, the posts were all the same and the same people were on all the time. There were no changes in posts at all for quite a long time. It was as if computerforums was running, but running off of a backup that didn't do anything. I even tried to post but kept saying "you can post in 30 seconds".
The reason the posts were the same, was because they were in stasis.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #195
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

Me too! I proudly was one of the "always logged on" people. It drove me mad, seeig as I had a question about my comp that I couldn't solve myself.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #196
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
Me too! I proudly was one of the "always logged on" people. It drove me mad, seeig as I had a question about my comp that I couldn't solve myself.
Hmmm, I never log on, which is handy cos I'm usually online to CF from 8.30am BST, til 10pm most days.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:38 AM   #197
Golden Master

Yeah, it was very odd because to me, computerforums appeared to be working. So I was like, "crap, my internet is slow or something". I even went through the process of doing a disk cleanup.

Oh, did you notice on PCs with Vista, disk cleanup gets rid of "Hibernation" option? There's a way to get it back through the Command Prompt though.

Windows Vista, re-enable hibernate feature, disk cleanup may disable
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Windo...e-t146675.html

Or uncheck Hibernation file cleaner, but I always leave it as default to get rid of everything. Otherwise, what' the point of disk cleanup?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #198
Golden Master

Lots of random annoying errors yesterday. Not to mention the site was pretty slow overall.

Couldn't submit replies.

It was telling me you have to wait longer until your next post when I hadn't even made any posts since I'd been on.

Sometimes blue background wasn't showing up, it's just white.

Before, the online now image wasn't displaying properly, only the alt. text was shown.

Search functions were broken before too, I'd get a page with 2 database errors on it like this:

And then new posts search was giving me this (same as hascet)...

Something's seriously wrong when it's not even displaying the error pages correctly. That's just f*cking sad.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:33 PM   #199
Site Team

OK I'm well aware of the db errors yesterday/last night so only comment on new ones please as I have posted the reason for the previous errors
Old 07-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #200
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

cant you reinstall vB or would you have to pay again?

Closed Thread