Chat System

Blonde

Fully Optimized
Not sure if this has been asked before, but do you think CF should have a Chat system?

How about i make a thread in the social lounge where you just post your msn and then talk on msn?

if you have a chat system then every one would be hanging out in it and not posting. Defeats the purpose of a forum.
As for a shoutbox I think some misunderstand what it is. It's not the quick reply box at the bottom of a thread. What it is is a thread of total nonsense that goes to the front page. Like> I wanna say hi to my homies.
That would go straight to the front page. Modding that would be a nightmare as it would be seen by every one just browsing through the forum. But since this site doesn't have a front page it's a moot point.
Mine has a front page but Buzz and I keep it neat and clean.

Not saying your wrong or anything, just adding to it.

If you have a chat system, Most people wont want to use it. The only people that would be using it are people that have been there a while and know everyone. On my other forum we have a flash chat and not many people use it for the very fact that its to socialize.

If you want a question answered, you post it in the forum where most of the members are, not in the chatroom where theres maybe 15 people that dont have an answer anyways.

My idea: Perhaps create a flash chat temporarily and see how it goes, if it turns out to be a bad things, just take it off. Simple as that.

And Rusbo: We have a feature in the user profiles where you can view members screen names already. No need for a thread.

Who has played the online game runescape at http://www.runescape.com/ because in that game when ever you swear, it automaticly turns into *'s So i am for a shout box, because maybe if someone could make/find a program that turns swear words into ****'s, well then no modding would really be needed. so yeah...

*personally hates the runescape swear filter* lol They need to have a turn off feature lol
Btw Arrizx: you a member? I have two member accounts

But no that wouldn't mean no modding thatd mean no cursing, Theres other things than just curse words you have to watch out for when you moderate something.

thats true, and no i dont have runescape, because a friend totally screwed me over. i thought i could trust him. but no. so yeah. or else id still be playing. but i wasted countless hours, on that game and lost it all. so i dont play anymore. but i kinda want to. but i wont, lol...

Back
Top Bottom