* Figure out the white screens - check the Event Viewer on the server as well as any MySQL or PHP error logs so you can try and find the root cause of the problems
Yes. These are annoying..
* Get rid of inactive mods and replace them with people who are actually here on a regular basis. There's a long list of folk who would kill for a mod job
Agreed too, would have to be a long discussion before any new mods were added though
* Update the logo, because it looks tired and amateurish. Why not have a competition for a new one?
Yes, this logo isnt brilliant.. would be good to fix it, and make it fit/right colour etc..
* Get rid of the broken links along the top
Yep, those are annoying
* Change the forum section descriptions to make them look more professional, fix spelling mistakes
Good idea.. the basic layout is good and clear, would just need a tweak
* Get rid of redundant or quiet sections
Mabye combine them into one section? the web sections down the bottom do not get that much usage - why not make it one big sub forum in the general hardware/software section?
* Get rid of the insane post report time limit - five minutes is far, far too long when there's a spam attack on the go as well as just being plain frustrating
Not sure - Never had to use, so can't comment
* Same goes for PMs - it's just irritating and unnecessary
Don't use PM's much, so it's not an issue for me, but it could do with being reduced a bit
* More ranks - you can have 1000 or 100k posts and still be a Guru
* In fact, tweak the ranks - most "Guru"s here know nothing
Yes, true, and it just encourages spamming to reach 'guru' status.. could do with a re-vamp
* I have to say I agree with those who are saying the skin could do with being overhauled
I like the colour scheme here, but a VB
upgrade would be useful
* Allow custom formatting in sigs, but not images
Not sure about this - i wouldn't like to see colours or huge fonts in sigs
* I would also say relax the avatar restrictions, the size limit (in terms of memory) is stingy and shouldn't really matter if we host our avatars offsite.
Memory yes, but no increase in physical size, it is hard to find a avatar with the file size small enough to use
Just a start.
We don't really have many active members at all, and a lot of our legacy pillars of the community have since vanished. Steff, Natalya, 99nasha, 135791, lurkswithin, Wombat, Paradox, webmonkey, joxley1990, blackjack, Lord Kalthorn... where did they go?
The good old days.......
edit.. the logo at the top has been changed