The CF Sale discussion thread

If you're going to add advertising, could you do it in a way that's tasteful? Things need to be centered.

Actually, John made a point...I tried making one of mine as well, but is the limit really 19.5K?

Seeing as though we are discussing changes how about adding a gaming section. The members have been asking for one for quite a while but David would never agree as it would take traffic away from his gaming forum. Computers and gaming go hand in hand and I think it is something this place needs. The majority of members here would be interested in gaming of some sort.
Agreed.

avatar added, the pic was taken last month when I got married :)

as for the gaming section, if you guys want one we can add one.

Welcome JCB!

As far as developing mobile apps, I think it is highly unnecessary. What we need is a mobile version of the site. This way, it will be cross-platform, and it will require very little maintenance. It would also be compatible with the more obscure platforms, not just the ones we decide to develop for.

I agree that a mobile version of the website would be better than creating individual apps. A big reason is because apps will have to be updated with bug fixes and tweaked whenever a new firmware comes out for each device the app is on. With a mobile site, the most one would have to do is add more browsers and maybe some bug fixes, and it would be the same for every mobile device. Although a mobile app would be better than nothing, I think it would be easier for whoever is coding to make a universal mobile site instead of actual apps.

So far, the site does seem a little faster than before, and now there probably wont be as much downtime as before.

I definately think a gaming section would be a great idea! This would be fun to keep up with conversations on all the current games. It could be broken down into consoles and pc ect and could really get some good converstaions going. I'm an avid gamer and computer guy and would love to voulenteer some time on helping to moderate this forum for gaming and even help out if you need it in building the mobile apps as I'm a programmer as well..

A gaming section would be great! There are a lot of gamers on the forum and it would be cool to have a gaming section.

Edit: JCB, I see you've done a little rearranging too....looks good!

@lhamil64 thanks for the message, a mobile version of this site is a possibility. And hopefully there will be no down time from now on. This site is on a very powerful dedicated server

@codeman0013 a gaming section will come soon

@Tommy Boy Yeah re-arranged a few forums as we discussed, We have moved the more active forums to the top of the site

Back
Top Bottom