The CF Sale discussion thread

I know that David isn't leaving CF or anything... but I'd like to thank him creating CF, and putting up with everyone's complaints & criticisms. You've done a good job!

JCB: Welcome! I hope that you enjoy your ownership, and that you don't let us lot get you down too much ;). This might seem a bit blunt - but what's in it for you? It's great that you've removed the adverts, changed to a dedicated server and bought ComputerForums - but at the end of the day, you've got to be able to afford to run the website. Is the lack of adverts just a temporary measure, or are you going to be financing the cost of running the site through some other method? Or is that none of my business? :p

I know that David isn't leaving CF or anything... but I'd like to thank him creating CF, and putting up with everyone's complaints & criticisms. You've done a good job!

JCB: Welcome! I hope that you enjoy your ownership, and that you don't let us lot get you down too much ;). This might seem a bit blunt - but what's in it for you? It's great that you've removed the adverts, changed to a dedicated server and bought ComputerForums - but at the end of the day, you've got to be able to afford to run the website. Is the lack of adverts just a temporary measure, or are you going to be financing the cost of running the site through some other method? Or is that none of my business? :p

Thanks, don't worry I'm not going anywhere soon!

I know it's not much, but tappatalk does cost £1.80. I'm assuming a CF Dedicated app would be free (Unless charging for the app would be one of the ways of financing the site...?)

@ Remeniz, the server has 2 x quad Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5430 @ 2.66GHz

@ jo3, Ive always wanted to own a computer forum, and I plan to enable ads for guests in a few days time, hopefully this will make enough money to cover costs

+

If we do get iphone apps they will be free of course :)

Well, this is interesting news, but it all seems to be a good thing. Nice to meet you, JCB. David, I'd like to echo what j03 said and thank you for creating CF in the first place. I know I'm not round much, but I do love it here. :)

Back
Top Bottom