The CF revival

Status
Not open for further replies.

berry120

Fully Optimized
So, it doesn't take a genius to figure out these boards are pretty dead lately, and have been heading downward for a long time.

Is there anything (sensible) we can do to try and kick start the place again? It'd be a shame to just see them plateau off then die.. and unfortunately this seems to be what's happening.

The way I see it there's a lot that's good about the boards, we have a lot of good content, a (presently small) committed member base and a GREAT domain that should all help.

Rather than just sitting back and mumbling that the place is dying, I just think it'd be good to start a conversation about ideas to see if we can get it back on track.

In terms of my initial thoughts, advertising is the traditional approach, but it does often work. A bit of money spend on things like Facebook ads could perhaps go a long way?

It might seem a bit... "cheesy" or whatever, but I think that some facebook "like" buttons for individual threads could go a long way. I don't know how it can be solved, but I think we could do with having some more active threads/discussions, rather than several threads with only one or two replies.

It might seem a bit... "cheesy" or whatever, but I think that some facebook "like" buttons for individual threads could go a long way. I don't know how it can be solved, but I think we could do with having some more active threads/discussions, rather than several threads with only one or two replies.

I've seen those "like" buttons on another forum I frequent. This forum also runs on vBulletin, I believe, so implementing "like" buttons may not be too difficult.

I've seen those "like" buttons on another forum I frequent. This forum also runs on vBulletin, I believe, so implementing "like" buttons may not be too difficult.

I like that idea actually - anything that ties in with Facebook or Twitter in that regard would be cool.

That'd be a simple thing to add too (or so I'd think).

It should be, I can't imagine no-one's written a VB plugin for that already. And it essentially gives us free advertising on Facebook when someone likes a particular post!

Similarly for Twitter, I imagine there should be a plugin out there already.

I moved this to the feedback section, this time, with a permanent redirect :)

Let me tell you; When David granted me Administrator rights at Rapid Gaming, I've sent a message to all e-mails in the database, and guess what? People did come back, and granted a few to mod, so clear out the container of spammers in there. It picked up, but then with all the spam, it went out after, but that's because there was so much spam that it wasn't even possible to post in there without being indulged in spam.

I think here, that mass e-mail about how much changes happened here and the fact that there is a lot going on and we'd like them back, that could help a lot in activity. Trust me, if it did work at Rapid Gaming, especially after most users left after David buying the forum, before seeing the whole thing shut down, it DEFINATELY will work here. Not all users will be back, but a good chunk might and will come even to stay.

Let me tell you; When David granted me Administrator rights at Rapid Gaming, I've sent a message to all e-mails in the database, and guess what? People did come back, and granted a few to mod, so clear out the container of spammers in there. It picked up, but then with all the spam, it went out after, but that's because there was so much spam that it wasn't even possible to post in there without being indulged in spam.

I think here, that mass e-mail about how much changes happened here and the fact that there is a lot going on and we'd like them back, that could help a lot in activity. Trust me, if it did work at Rapid Gaming, especially after most users left after David buying the forum, before seeing the whole thing shut down, it DEFINATELY will work here. Not all users will be back, but a good chunk might and will come even to stay.

I like that idea - think it could work well alongside others too, such as a competition or more advertising!

I concur-- I have returned to forums (such as this one) after long absences because of emails, either replies to ancient posts or simple "we miss you" posts from admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom