Ban Log

J03

~~~~~~~~
Do we still have an actively maintained ban-log? It's often useful to see why a user was banned.

What would be even better would be a mod that would let us mouse-over the "BSOD" user-title which would show use the ban date and explanation... but that's asking a lot.

We used to have one, not sure where it went to. If you're curious about someone right now, send me a PM and I"ll give you all the information that I can :)

What is the point of see a ban log of users? Just being a snoop!!!

It should be left to the Moderators/administrators to police & control the forum.
I have no desire to know some one else business and if some one does wrong on the forum then the Mods will deal with it.

Next thing you probably want to resurrect the Spanish inquisition or promote vigilantism.

Just my opinion.

I think it makes sense... I like to know why some of the people I speak with on a regular basis might not be around any more.

Transparency is a good thing - I'm not saying that I want to be able to ban people, or choose who gets banned... I'd just like to know WHY some members are no longer around.

Because they were naughty, did not abide by the forum rules,probably used bad language, spammed ,threatened, or intimidated & the list goes on.
Some people get bored or just simply move on....
In most cases of being banned I'm certain moderators would make contact to warn members of their behavior before action is taken.
Do you ever think a person who got banned wants Joe public to know, Reasons could be embarrassing for him or her.

Usually when on forum & if you do strike up a friendship you would most certainly probably know more intimate details of each other through pm's for contact otherwise most users like to remain anonymous.

We all know BSOD means banned or account disabled, that should be enough reason.

Again my opinion.

Last edited:
Basically we've made a choice to not share the details of an individuals account or moderator interactions. For the most part this stuff is private and really no ones business, save the parties involved. :)

This community has been through a lot on the past year or two and this is just one small step towards reestablishing it as a great place to get tech help in a friendly and fun environment.

Back
Top Bottom