Are you serious? I put a huge amount of hours into this forumI am always online when I am at home, and even when I am not- I constantly monitor the forum through my phone.

Hell, even when I get up to go to the bathroom at night I still check this place.

I have put in three years of moderating to CF and know this place inside and out. If mods can get big avatars, please explain to me why it is wrong to take advantage of that? I do not know a single forum on which moderator avatars are limited in size, in fact- it is a a symbol of status. When a regular user sees a large avatar, they see that this is a person that has been with the forums for a long time and has earned certain privileges.

My avatar does not even disrupt the format of the forum. The tables all stay the same width, thus there are no noticeable discrepancies.

All accounts on CF look the same, except for a thing ribbon of green boxes that almost everyone has a ridiculous amount of. I thought I would put in a bit of variety, some spice into the life of the forums. I mean, come on- I get the whole professionalism thing, but this is getting ridiculous. We have basically no user-customization options, the avatars are ridiculously small and all that moderators get is a bolded name.

You all keep asking why there isn't a larger influx of members.

Well... we are the first search result on google, so it is not a lack of exposure. The reason why so few people stay is that there isn't enough glamor, there isn't enough pretty stuff to attract people.

Look at other computer technology forums:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/

http://www.overclock.net/

I can show many more.

A technology forum should be up to date. In today's world, up to date means that it has to look technologically advanced as well.

100x100 would be cool

Can you up 48.8kb because i have an awesome avatar i want to use....

**Commence everyone jumping in to agree with Thelis**

Not hating, but it seems like a lot of people here hang off every word Thelis says. Anyway, TBH, it's not that big of a deal. But the bottom line is it is David's forum that he pays for to allow us to use. If he doesn't like it, it should be changed. But - David is a reasonable guy - I'm sure some compromise can be achieved.

I thought there already was a limit?

There has always been a limit.

00000084.png

Pretty sure every moderator has adhered to those limitations with the exception of him.

Pretty sure every moderator has adhered to those limitations with the exception of him.

That is their own personal decision. I thought that mods were aware that we are allowed larger avatars. I, for one, know that vbulletin allows moderators to set un-limited avatars for anyone, including themselves.

It is an advertised fact on most forums. Though I believe it should be pretty self-explanatory, here is how you to do so:

Go into modcp, find yourself and set an image from your PC as your avatar.

You can also edit any other user's avatar to be of any size.

Most other vbulletin forums reward privileged members and moderators in this fashion.

That is their own personal decision. I thought that mods were aware that we are allowed larger avatars. I, for one, know that vbulletin allows moderators to set un-limited avatars for anyone, including themselves.

It is an advertised fact on most forums. I would be more than happy to explain how to set a larger avatar, though I believe it should be pretty self-explanatory.

Do you have a screenshot of that upload panel? I'd be interesting to compare the differences.

Back
Top Bottom