Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Site Admin, News and Feedback
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #21
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,153
Send a message via MSN to DannyBoy
Default Re: Avatars

I wish we could have custom avatars, most forums do, I don't think members would upload anything out of the ordinary.
__________________

DannyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:30 AM   #22
Fully Optimized
 
-Paul-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,242
Send a message via AIM to -Paul- Send a message via MSN to -Paul-
Default Re: Avatars

i like this one
__________________

-Paul- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #23
BSOD
 
rot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
Default Re: Avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy View Post
I wish we could have custom avatars, most forums do, I don't think members would upload anything out of the ordinary.
no reason why we shouldnt be able to have custom avatars. Ive been on the myg0t forums where the moderators encourage racism and swearing (cos you get banned if your not posting racist stuff 24/7) and even there nobody had an offensive or pornographic avatar,

Has David Lindon ever given custom avatars a chance at all. So his excuses for not allowing them are probably unjustified because he doesnt seem to have any good reason for it or giving it a chance at all. Actuially I say he has his reasons/excuses but he just says no without telling us why.
rot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #24
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Avatars

Ya know what they say, the only real form of protest would be to go on strike, but none of us would do that now.... would we?
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #25
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,556
Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: Avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rot13 View Post
no reason why we shouldnt be able to have custom avatars. Ive been on the myg0t forums where the moderators encourage racism and swearing (cos you get banned if your not posting racist stuff 24/7) and even there nobody had an offensive or pornographic avatar,

Has David Lindon ever given custom avatars a chance at all. So his excuses for not allowing them are probably unjustified because he doesnt seem to have any good reason for it or giving it a chance at all. Actuially I say he has his reasons/excuses but he just says no without telling us why.
you havent been here long enough to understand.

you come in here and b*tch about the admin when you hardly even know the dude.
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #26
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,153
Send a message via MSN to DannyBoy
Default Re: Avatars

I know David will have reasons if he doesn't want to I'm not going to cause drama.
DannyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:01 PM   #27
BSOD
 
rot13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 113
Default Re: Avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
you havent been here long enough to understand.
Ive been lurking here for about 2 months before joining up so yes I do see whats going on.

I saw loads of can I have custom avatars threads and they were all locked saying David's allways said no. But David himself has never really made it clear why he says no which is the point I'm trying to make, perhaps it might help if he layed out his reasons formally.
rot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #28
Golden Master
 
dude_se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 8,632
Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se
Default Re: Avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Paul- View Post
i like this one
thats nice and clear, so its therefore perfect, i like it
__________________
Laptop spec: ASUS X53E, i5 2430m 2.4ghz, 3gb ram, 320gb hdd, intel hd graphics, usb 3.0
dude_se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:54 PM   #29
Golden Master
 
MikeReiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,053
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rot13 View Post
Ive been lurking here for about 2 months before joining up so yes I do see whats going on.

I saw loads of can I have custom avatars threads and they were all locked saying David's allways said no. But David himself has never really made it clear why he says no which is the point I'm trying to make, perhaps it might help if he layed out his reasons formally.
and everytime someone says you what just said, others come in spewing "because it's his forum" or something. And on a level yes, he can do whatever he wants, but if he wants us to shut up, he has to make a sticky saying why. And until he does so, these moderators will always have to deal with these avatar threads.

Only david can make us all shutup.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #30
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Avatars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rot13 View Post
no reason why we shouldnt be able to have custom avatars. Ive been on the myg0t forums where the moderators encourage racism and swearing (cos you get banned if your not posting racist stuff 24/7) and even there nobody had an offensive or pornographic avatar,

Has David Lindon ever given custom avatars a chance at all. So his excuses for not allowing them are probably unjustified because he doesnt seem to have any good reason for it or giving it a chance at all. Actuially I say he has his reasons/excuses but he just says no without telling us why.
Well if you dont like it then thats your problem and you know where the door is
aure a cstum avatar would be great but it isnt the end of the world if we dont have them we have all gotten used to the no custum avatars rule and it isnt a big issue to most of us . We are just happy enough to be here posting .
Its davids forum and its up to him what he does . He dosent have to give us a reason for not allowing them if he dosent want to . You should be glad he gives up his spare time to run this place
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0