Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job Rubber314Chicken!

You found 5 threads dating back to 2003 asking for larger avatars.

Here's your prize:
chocchipcookiewk9.jpg

Take a little more time before you post please. The name of this forum afterall is "ComputerForums", So why wouldn't this be a forum about Computers??

I know you had another point to make, but it sure looks like you agreed with me that this board is mainly about helping people with computer problems here on the Computer Forums board.

But hey, if ya'll wanna clutter up yer posts with things like unchanging little pictures that you have to look at in every other post, go right ahead.

I shouldn't even care. I've unchecked those options in my User CP anyway.

BTW AR, I'm not familiar with QFT either. WTF does it mean?

I think David should also look in to the hack that only lets the sig post one time on a page per thread.
As far as the size of the avatar goes, it only serves to let some one have a visual recognition of the person posting. When you saw my cat you knew it was me without having to read my name. That's the only reason I used it. I can understand wanting bigger avatars. Some of the pics are of women in bikini's and I can't see thier belly buttons.

You guys have to keep in mind whatever you do that adds to the bells and whistles also adds to the server foot print, the responce time of the forum, and the bandwidth. That translates to slower pageloads, and loosing your dialup friendlyness, among other things. If the sig hack was put in then you could trade that for larger avatars for exsample. Think about it.

I would also encourage the User to do a simple search to see if it has been brought up before and if so, Bump it back up. I personally wouldn't see a problem bumping old threads in this forum and this forum only simply due to the whole idea behind the threads, Granted the Big guys are ok with it.

That's a very good idea

You guys have to keep in mind whatever you do that adds to the bells and whistles also adds to the server foot print, the response time of the forum, and the bandwidth. That translates to slower page loads, and loosing your dialup friendliness, among other things.

Good point.

Another thing that makes a board NSF56K is embedding pics in a thread via the use of IMG tags. Admittedly, I did a lot of embedding of pictures and YouTube vidz in The Cellar. However, I'm re-considering my position on this.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀 -
You obviously missed the part of my post that said: Nobody bitches and moans about it there.

I've never seen a bigger group of whiners in my life than in this forum.:rolleyes:

Simply put if you don't like a discussion leave or don't post. I've posted a legitmate reason for a change and here you are again running your mouth off.

Wow, Another thread on its way down.

First, Let me add that larger avatars to a point would be nice.

Secondly I would like to touch base with what exactly this forum is about. CF: Suggestions, Comments, And Feedback.

Lastly I would like to ENCOURAGE people to make threads in this forum about what can be done to improve this community of ours, whether it be about Avatars, New Themes, Moving things around, Adding new forums, Etc Etc.

What NEEDS to STOP are the select few that attack the person who initiated the thread with accusations that they are trying to ruffle feathers or just whining and complaining. It's those individuals that get these threads out of hand. If the topic has been brought up before, That's Great, But there's no need to post "Oh here we go again, More unsatisfied members bickering about something that will never get acknowledged." I would also encourage the User to do a simple search to see if it has been brought up before and if so, Bump it back up. I personally wouldn't see a problem bumping old threads in this forum and this forum only simply due to the whole idea behind the threads, Granted the Big guys are ok with it.

At the end of the day we are all a family on this forum, and having this forum here to get feedback and suggestions is nothing more than an avenue to help improve the forum for "US".

I hope we can keep these forums around as I enjoy coming here and talking with you guys. We have a good close nit bunch here. Sure, There's other forums I can go to, But ComputerForums is my home and it has been for close to 4 years.

I agree but if we really want something they issues should stay active until a response is given. I see no reason to bump a old thread that nothing developed from. As far as the arguments go its bound to happen.

HAHAHAHA I believed you just owned him! :D

I would like to touch base on what I think this board is about: Helping people with computer problems and non-computer discussions, not having to look at the same little picture in every other post.

Yes the forum is about computers but generally forums allow for a certain degree of creativity. The point between avatars is to give each person a persona or ID that you can identify with that person.

If you don't like the feature turn them off in your user cp.

Great job Rubber314Chicken!

You found 5 threads dating back to 2003 asking for larger avatars.

Here's your prize:
chocchipcookiewk9.jpg

Ehh quit being bitter because.............................

YouFail.jpg

and on that note.......

this thread is only going one direction.. if david wants it he can see this thread.

you see Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀 david saw the thread and increased it. no need for the pathetic neg rep was there. the thread was getting out of control, so it was closed, i didnt move it so david could still see the suggestion, and something was done about it. pathetic, absolutley pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom