Any chance that a HTML code will be allowed?

donetao

Banned
Hi The W7 feature Problem Step Recorder(PSR) uses the HTML code which is turned off here on the forum. IMHO it's a great tool for teaching and trouble shooting. Any chance that it can be turned on??;)
Thank you!:hide:
How do I use Problem Steps Recorder?

You can use Problem Steps Recorder to automatically capture the steps you take on a computer, including a text description of where you clicked and a picture of the screen during each click (called a screen shot). Once you capture these steps, you can save them to a file that can be used by a support professional or someone else helping you with a computer problem.

Last edited:
HTML code is dangerous. As a rule it's use is disabled to protect the system from hacking or inadvertent code activation.

My question is why do you need it turned on? You wouldn't be able to run it on here anyway.

HTML code is dangerous. As a rule it's use is disabled to protect the system from hacking or inadvertent code activation.

My question is why do you need it turned on? You wouldn't be able to run it on here anyway.
Ok! N/P The Problem Step Recorder uses HTML. Didn't know it was dangerous. Is there any way I can convert ??? The PSR is a great tool and IMHO would be a good tool for the forum.
Thanks for your reply!;)

I'm not following you. Are you wanting to run the program from here or just make it so others can download it?

If you're wanting to show how it works then like the rest of us you'll have to resort to screen shots and text explanations.

Hi setishock. Problem Step Recorder (PSR) is a Windows feature. You don't have to down load it. Just type PSR in the search Orb. It's a great feature and can help troubleshoot a problem. I use it to show seniors how to use a program and it's a great tool for trouble shooting.
Here's a excellent link showing this great tool and how it works. This tool seems to go unnoticed by techs.
Maybe that's the reason techs don't use is it, is because it uses HTML. I didn't realize that HTML was dangerous and is used by hackers. The forum doesn't need that for sure. I wish there were a way to use this windows tool however. IMHO it's a great windows tool. Give this a look and see what you think!
Thanks for your reply!!
How to Use the Problem Steps Recorder in Windows 7 - For Dummies

Here's another excellent link showing how PSR works!!
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2022-problem-steps-recorder.html

Last edited:
I think I didn't make it clear by just saying HTML is dangerous. That came across as a blanket statement. This forum software is a blend of HTML, PHP, and a little javascript. Not JAVA which is something totally different.

Using these in the course of building the forum software also makes it vulnerable to outside code being intentionally injected or inadvertently posted and executed.

Is it the report it spits out that is HTML? You can always take a screen dump and hosted it somewhere then post a [img][/img] link if the host has that.

With setishock on this one too. There is a good reason that you cannot embed many apps. Although there are workarounds, stopping HTML code is a very basic protection method for many users.

If it is HTML, then please link it to us.

Is it the report it spits out that is HTML? You can always take a screen dump and hosted it somewhere then post a
link if the host has that.
Not sure I understand. Are you saying use a program like photobucket. I know how to do that, but I don't want to break forum rules.
Thanks!

If it is HTML, then please link it to us.
Please explain how I would do that?? The document I'm wanting to attach is a MHTML.
Some times these things are over my head. PSR is a great windows tool. I don't know why it uses MHTML?? Is there a way I can convert it?

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 4
Hi I think I may have figured this out??? If I'm breaking forum rules, please advise me. This is a tough one to figure out. Here is the document converted to PDF. I used the windows PSR to create this. Then I used Faststone Capture to convert it from MHTML to a PDF. The forum then excepted it!!
Thank you!

Attachments

• ScreenShot00002.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom