the ads that hover over the page

Yeah, i mean as soon as you get to the site, its like BAM! in yo face. Oh well they keep the site up, so we gotta keep them...

what ads?

oh wait, I have a pop-up blocker, so I don't get them.

The google toolbar is really good for stopping pop-up ads, why don't you get it?

cause google toolbar gives you hidden spyware. also they arent pop ups, rather the ad on teh top extends and covers the top right corner on the forums. it will cover any part of the space as it's a floating ad. even if the ad is on the top it extends down to this comment box.

If you have firefox you can block them....Right click and then select "block images from CN hosting" etc

You need an ad blocker to get rid of that. I don't have any kind of advertisements at all on my PC. Even with FireFox, the ad is blocked out. Get Norton Personal Firewall for that. It has ad blocking capabilities.

athlon64fx said:
cause google toolbar gives you hidden spyware. also they arent pop ups, rather the ad on teh top extends and covers the top right corner on the forums. it will cover any part of the space as it's a floating ad. even if the ad is on the top it extends down to this comment box.

if you mean the advanced features that help google with their research then:

They tell you about that and you have the option to turn the feature off.

If you don't mean the advanced features then:

I scan my system for spyware every week and never have any.

And finally:

I have no idea what these adverts you are talking about are as I've never came across them.

99nasha said:
If you have firefox you can block them....Right click and then select "block images from CN hosting" etc

good idea. i never thought about that, im going to need to try that.

Back
Top Bottom