Admins please help. JCB?

alexjb1989

Beta member
Dear Admins,

sorry first of all for having to create this account to be able to contact you. But my account 'alex_boothby' has been perminently banned which i can only assume is a mistake. The only reason i can think this could have happend is because in the last thread i started before the ban i asked people to fill in a questionaire to help my uni work and if they left their email they would have a chance to win a money prize which i would give via pay pal. But i even asked the owners 'JCB' permisson first so i cant see why this has happened.

Could someone please help me as i dont want to lose my account

Cheers once again the account was alex_boothby

cheers

Shoot a PM off to lhuser. I can't see any reason for your banning seeing as you had permission to do those posts. I can only guess it was a misunderstanding.

I think that this kind of thread highlights a flaw in our banning system. If a user is accidentally banned, and they need to contact and admin - how do they do that without being in violation of the rule that says you can't have more than one account? We need to have some kind of contact form for banned members to use (or modify the rules on multiple accounts).

If you haven't already, also send a PM to David and JCB and reference this thread. Either of them should be able to undo the ban.

thanks again guys, i cant get to message David for some reason, but i have the others.

This is all because of this flaming questionnaire!! http://kwiksurveys.com?u=climatechange

Feel free to have a look if you like ;)

Dont want to lose my account, this forum has been indispensable over time,

Cheers once again for your help.

I think that this kind of thread highlights a flaw in our banning system. If a user is accidentally banned, and they need to contact and admin - how do they do that without being in violation of the rule that says you can't have more than one account? We need to have some kind of contact form for banned members to use (or modify the rules on multiple accounts).
It's not really a flaw, it's still a rule, but it can be waved if the person needs to contact someone.

I don't think it really is a problem to be honest, mods and admin don't have a real issue with another account being made in instances like this where the member may have been wrongly banned. It would be worse to have to receive the abusive pm's/email from every member who has been banned if there was a way for banned members to contact admin.

Umm don't want to get into a debate but I kind of agree with J03 altho I understand where you two are coming from Mr Lowndsey and superman..

I think it kind of clutters the user database to recreate accounts and setup new emails it's abit of a ball ake to go threw all that, providing an online help system chatbored would be more suitable in this case, such as , login to a chatbored that an admin has setup for users that can ask only questions about rules.. this should help alot in these sort of cases. the chatbored only made specific for ''questions about rules''

Back
Top Bottom