XAMPP with apache & php mySQL

megan1989

Baseband Member
I am having some problem getting this XAMPP program to work. I installed it about a week ago and have been having problems getting it to do what I want it to do.
I've got the ports for the Apache and MySQL working as for a while it wasn't starting because there was some interference with Skype trying to use the same port.
So this is what's happening, I start the Apache and MySQL in the XAMPP program that is fine. When I hit the 'Admin' button, it opens a page in my default browser and display the 404 error: Webpage cannot be found.
I am sure this is something relatively simple to fix as the ports are working right now and from what I have read on other forums those are the main problems.
Do I need to install the Apache, MySQL and any other programs that are used by XAMPP to get it to work correctly? Thank you

Attachments

• XAMPP.PNG
    XAMPP.PNG
    56.5 KB · Views: 2
  • WEBPAGE.PNG
    WEBPAGE.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 0
It seems when I was messing around in the config files that I screwed something up. As a last resort I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it seems (for the moment) it is working okay now.

Just a note for the future for you...

If you changed the port that they use, the "Admin" button will no longer work by default (as it's pointed at the old port), you have to specify the port number after the admin URL.

Back
Top Bottom